Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't get it to run on my pc, It freezes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't get it to run on my pc, It freezes!

I'm running a Athlon xp2000, a giga-byte GA-7DXE, with 512 2700 DDR memory, And a MSI GeForce FX 5600 . When I go and play the game it will freeze after 10 min. or so. I'm also run with suround sound that will hiccup once it freezes. The card Im using is a SB Audgy gamer. I'm 99% sure that is not the video card cuasing it because i've tryed to switch them. Please help me!

Do you have a wireless keyboard and mouse?
    If you don't, what is your mobo bus speed set to?
    Did I read something about SB live cards?
    cIV list: cheats
    Now watch this drive!

Comment

Yes, i have a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, but what does that have to do with it. Should i try to switch keyboard and mouse. And I have an Audigy gamer not a live card. And I dont know how to check my bus speed.

Comment

Try a non-wireless mouse. A couple people with crashing problems went to corded and the problem went away.
        cIV list: cheats
        Now watch this drive!

Comment

Yes, I tryed hat and it didn't work

Comment

I have a 133 bus speed

Comment

Not only freezes, but sometimes also completely shuts down and restarts, right? Yeah.. I had the same problem. Most likely your processor is a palomino type, which get VERY hot. The reason it is freezing/shutting down is because your motherboard has something called COP, or cpu overheating protection, and when your processor gets to a certain temp (dangerous temp, or potentially dangerous) it will freeze everything/shut down your computer. The ONLY fix you can do for this is either 1) Buy a new processor (not a palomino..make sure you get thoroughbred), or 2) Buy a very good heatsink/fan (I suggest ThermalTake's Volcano 11 fan).. A better heatsink is more important than a better fan, remember that..Hope this helps

Comment

Yes is a temperature problem!!
                I had the same problem.

Clean your fan or buy another.

bye

Comment

Cleaning your fan/heatsink will not work.. The only fix is to buy a very good heatsink/fan or buy a new proc (retail version thoroughbred cpu). cleaning off your fan and heatsink may hold off the overheating shutdown for a few more minutes than usual, but nothing more

Comment

yeah, I think that was it because my mobo has cop. But my mobo fried so I had to buy a new one. Now the game finily works.

Comment

Working...
                    X