Anti-attrition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-attrition?

I was watching a recorded game of Grond vs. AI toughest and noticed when he attacked in enemy territory instead of getting that red colour under his units indicating attrition, he had a green colour that healed his units. I have never been able to find how he did this. Does anyone know?

Thx.

He was either the French, who's supply wagons heal their units, or he had built the Versaille wonder, which does the same. It only works on your troops inside the supply wagon's sphere of influence, and they have to be damaged in order to heal of course.

Go here for some good posts by Signa and Aginor about the value of wonders to see if Versaille is worth your time.

(the link didn't work... try this:

Wonders )

Comment

I believe Pharmaceuticals and other Granary based upgrades also allow your supply wagons to heal your troops. I was playing CTW as the Chinese and noticed that my troops were doing the same thing.

(Alternatively it may be that I picked up a rare resource that gave me this power as well.)
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

No the granary upgrades do just two things:

Left techs: increase food production in cities with Granary.
        Right techs: Production speed speeded up, Cav and Inf LoS up, and healing speed of garrisoned units faster.

This is paraphrased from the manual.

The only way to get your troops to heal I've found is indeed being French or having Versallie.
        "War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."

Comment

IT's the smelter tech that improves supply wagons, but I dn't think it goes positive.

Comment

No that's not righ either:

The left techs improve metal production in cities with a Smelter.

The right make units under the effect of attrition more resilant. It doesn't "improve" supply wagons.

Comment

In a way it does. It increases the radius of the supply wagons, so one wagon will be able to supply a wider area.

You can get the supply wagon to heal your troops without being French AND without Versaille.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Please, extrapolate.

Comment

I'll have to test for that. All I know is that my troops get healed by supply wagons without being French or having any wonders.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Moved to Strategy.

The management.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Someone is smoking something here. Here's how you can get supply wagons to heal troops without being French or building wonders: you can capture an enemy Versailles (usually without being aware of it).

If you find yourself with green troop auras, click on the wonders tab on the info screen (bottom right) and view the wonders that have been built.
                      Out4Blood's Rise of Nation Strategy Blog

Comment

Hmm, well after a test-game grabbing every single tech, I was still unable to heal my troops. So that rules out technology as the cause.

Either there is a rare resource that allows healing (does anyone have a list of all resources and their effects?), or I did actually have a wonder (being a CTW game, it is entirely possible to have captured a wonder without noticing).

Comment

There is titanium ("Attrition in enemy territory reduced by 50%") and Citrus ("Ships at sea heal automatically"), but other than that no outright healer.

There is a full list at RON Heaven.
                          cIV list: cheats
                          Now watch this drive!

Comment

Or you used a card in CTW that gave you the ability to heal either the french ability card, or a card that just gives you healing.

Comment

Or as said before he captured Versalle and didn't notice, but I would think it would give you a prompt...

Comment

Working...
                              X