No announcement yet.

In-House Strategy Guide Review (Pt. 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-House Strategy Guide Review (Pt. 1)

The first part of the Apolyton CS (ACS) in-house review of the "Rise of Nations: Sybex Official Strategies and Secrets" strategy guide, written by ACS staff writer Locutus, is now online.

Today, most strategy guides are but a mere shadow of these old guides from the early nineties, Locutus writes. [T]he information contained in today's strategy guides is usually based on betas and at least some of it is obsolete by the time game and guide hit the shelves. [..] Hard-core fans usually start to come up with better strategies only one or two weeks after the game's release, which often makes the guides all but useless. So when I heard about the "Strategies and Secrets" guide for RoN, I was initially a little sceptical about it, but willing to give it a try.

Included in this instalment are three screenshots, including one from the front and back cover of the guide respectively. Thanks to Sybex's Yaniv Soha for supplying a copy of their guide to review.

The second and final part of Locutus' review will be posted next Monday, August 11th. Comments on this edition are welcome in this thread.

-----------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Hmm, this probably belongs in the strategy forum.
    But I think I'll leave it here.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
    X