Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takes along time to start up RON

Hiya

I've just brought RON recently and everytime I put the CD in to CD Rom to start the game up, it takes like about 10 or 20 mins just to start the game! It's really annoying. Also I downloaded Patch 1.2 but still no luck. Can anyone help?

Also I have a P4, WinXP, GeForce 4, 64mb I think. I have never had this problem before.

Is the time spent loading/playing the intro movies? Or does it just take a long time for the program itself to start?
    cIV list: cheats
    Now watch this drive!

Comment

Well it takes a long time just to start the game automatically and if I try and do it manually, it dosen't work unless I have left the CD in last time it loaded. Sometimes it won't even start at all. However, the game itself plays fine and so does the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksim3000
        Well it takes a long time just to start the game automatically
        Oh, dear- I don't quite understand. Do you mean to start the game after clicking "play" in the autorun menu that comes up after you put the cd in?

and if I try and do it manually, it dosen't work unless I have left the CD in
        The game won't play at all if you don't have the CD in for copywright purposes.
        Last edited by MattH; August 1, 2003, 23:12.
        Now watch this drive!

Comment

Sorry if I have confused you, well what I mean is that when I pop the CD into the CD Rom drive, it takes 10 minutes or longer just to load the autorun menu from where I can play the game. Also I do not use copywright, I do use the proper CD.

Comment

Ok, I got it now. I'm a bit slow in my old age

But now I'm helpless. If it doesn't happen with any other apps

Maybe there is some setting in the config files? Otherwise, all I can say is start from a shortcut. Sorry.
            Now watch this drive!

Comment

No it's ok LOL! I have used a shortcut and it works but before I can it has to autorun. I'll check the config files, thanks. Also I never have problems starting other games up, only this one. Anyway, thanks for your help anyway!

Comment

Working...
              X