need help on my mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help on my mod

I'm making a mod that you can build walls and gates in the game, but one problem. I don't know how to add the walls and gates without removing a building. And i dont know how to script the AI so they know how to use them. I have the models of the walls and gates, but thats where i'm stuck at. Can somebody please help me with this. You'll get credit for helping to.

I want to make it to where you can build not just around your city but in your territory.

I also want to make another that only allows building them near your city so every one will be happy.

I know how to do the last 2 things but i was giving people an idea of what i'm trying to acheve.

I also want the gate to open up for your allies.
    So, please help me out.
    Last edited by bigred20j; July 24, 2003, 03:58.

well u should get the BHG exporter 1st to convert your models to BHG format if u dont have that already. The exporter only works for 3DSMax.

The problem in RoN is that there is no way to add a new unit (not sure about buildings but I suspect its the same) and u can only replace one with another (that u dont think will be used in your game/scenario). But there are one or two blank units (not used in the game but appears in the unit list in unitrules.xml or buildingrules.xml etc) that u can "hijacK".

Some managed to convert the watch towers into a pallisade wall in a mod. I havent seen how well it works. No one has made a gate as far as I know. Not sure its possible in RoN to make a gate though. May have to do some serious research to figure that out.

As far as being able to build in an out side of your cities. I believe there is a flag in the buildingrules.xml that controls this. Check inside that xml file for what is what.
    Are you down with ODV?

Comment

Working...
    X