Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario: Mil Bldg Hotkey Tutorial

hi,

Summary: Learn to Construct Military Buildings with Hotkeys (uses original game hotkeys).

Background: Similar to the Civilian Buildings Hotkey tutorial found here -- http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=92034

Scenario: After the scenario loads you are given instructions to build in a random order so the build order should be different every time you play. you have a couple of seconds to push the right hotkey combination otherwise a new build order is displayed. if the right hotkey combination is pressed the build timer is extended so the next build order is delayed a bit... but you got to be fast. hotkey hints are available if needed.

enjoy,
    dutcheese
    Attached Files

Hi, dutcheese

I'd like to give you some proper feedback but I can't because RoN won't work on my computer. All I can do is lurk around here and read what others have written (surprisingly little so far).

Anyway, where did those io functions come from? They're not written up in Script Functions Listing_2.doc. It does say that some functions are not listed, so is there any other neat stuff I can look forward to when I update my computer?

BTW, how'd you afford all that high paid staff (/jk)? Actually, it's really nice to see some of the guys from BHG providing support.

Peter

Comment

hi Peter,

wow, i actually got some feedback! thanks!

really i just adapted and expanded a hotkey tutorial that comes with the game called cehotkey something or other to include the io library.

the cehotkey tutorial just does units though and doesn't give hotkey hints so you have no idea on what hotkey to press.

the buildings in the the tutorials i made have no build time which is nice too and all the game menus are hidden so you can't cheat with the mouse either...

well, i wish the game worked for you better. also wish the forums had more traffic too like the good old days. this site http://www.ronoracle.com has a really good download section.

why cant your computer play the game?

dutcheese

Comment

why cant your computer play the game?
        It's a pentium2 with obsolete graphics (ati rage pro). Well, CTP2 runs fine.

It really is a bit surprising how little traffic there is around. Besides here I lurk at several RoN sites and, except maybe for graphics, haven't noticed a lot going on. ronoracle, which is a nice site, only has 600+ members so far.

Speaking of downloads, one thing that's missing from Poly is a RoN downloads section in the directory.

Comment

Thanks dutcheese. You've been of real help! Now, if I only can hammer in the hotkeys for my army units I might finally be able to win against my snotty friends on mp.

Comment

Working...
          X