Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassin gamemode - weakness

Hi,
    have now played a few battles on Assassin and it's quite fun. (As BHG also says...)

But the gaem has a bad weakness - Just take the capital and poof one enemy is gone.

(I play on though, BigHuge map with 4-5 AI's)

I have now deleoped a tactic that I in the beginning just defend against my assassin and try to build a city as close to my targets capital as possible. (=Short way to attack then)

When I reach age (VI/VII) I then build a large attacking army and go straight for the capital. (Have even passed a outside city and just gone to capital.)

If I can helpwith bombers - the capital is taken before my target nations has had time to move it's units against me. (And trust me they have had some pretty good armies to kick my ass with)

So I personally think thatthis gamemode could use a retace capital timeperiod before enemy is killed - would create more complex games for me.

Comments??

Yea I do agree that the instant elimination in a nation in assassin can be annoying but that just means you have to really defend your capital, no huge deal.

Try diversionary attacks (especially on islands):
    Take a small force and wait for them to counterattack with their whole army and then go for the cap, you might just win it no problem.
    "War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."

Comment

That is, if you can draw them out far enough with the diversionary force or find some way to keep them occupied while the main group goes for the capital.... And therein lies the problem...

Comment

I haven't played much assassination, but I think that assassination without capitol elimination would take forever

Comment

A solution might be to have a time you need to hold their capital for before they are considered eliminated.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
          X