Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cursor Invisible

Hi all.

I run an athlon XP 2200+, 256 Ram, NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 64 mb graphics card with factory driver (released 10-25-2002), gigabyte K7 Triton series MB, TFT monitor and patch 1.02 is installed.

Cursor is invisible within the game, can play normally but it would be nice to know what I am highlighting!

Any help or sugestions?

Andrew

Before anyone asks - yes I have read the readme file and no the sugested fix for cursor flicker"-nohwcursor" does not work!

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

It's most likley RON... have you tried reinstalling? (sorry, I had to say it) Has the cursor always been invisible? What mouse do you have?
      Last edited by MattH; July 4, 2003, 15:58.
      cIV list: cheats
      Now watch this drive!

Comment

With this install it has always been invisible - on my old PC it worked fine. I have a packard bell optical mouse - again no problems on the previous computer. I'll try and reinstall - I'll report back when I have done so - thanks for the fast response any more sugestions would be greatefully accepted.

Andrew

Comment

Reinstalled thismorning - still no cursor - started a quick battle for ten mins or so - cursor could be seen at times but whenever it was seen it was really jerky, hard on the eyes. Any other ideas for correcting this problem from anyone?

Andrew

Comment

Could it be a logitech mouse with the PB logo on it?
            *tapity tapity*
            Try upgrading the drivers, found some here (packardbell.com). Also, does the mouse run some special software, like 'mouseware'? Try turning that off.

I'm still thinking about what else can be tried. There might be something in the data files (where did I read that?)... If those don't work, maybe patch 3 will...
            Now watch this drive!

Comment

Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions - thismorning I downloaded the latest video drivers on my 56K modem (18 meg worth ... well I started downloading in the morning.....) and we have success!!

Hope this may help others out there if they are having the same problem.

Cheers to all

Andrew

Comment

Good grief, I'm so dumb.... Totally forgot to check riseofnations.coml, the list that issue

Sorry, but glad you got it resolved!
                Now watch this drive!

Comment

Well, I also have a weird cursor problem, but as it does not prevent me from playing, it's ok.

The problem is that after a few minutes, the cursor becomes invisible when not moved. When moved, it flickers as well as a small square around it (it's visible enough that I can still play). If I quit and restart the game, the cursor is back to normal for a few minutes.

I'm playing RON on a laptop (Compaq Evo N600C) that has a Radeon M6 in it (I know ... but I'm a postdoc abroad and my gaming machine is back home). I have tried the latest compaq drivers (that are 1 year old), the Plutonium XP drivers, and the nohwcursor option, and it did no change anything. But as I said, I can still play (and managing to win on tougher against 3 AI ;-) ) so all is good.
                  The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.

Comment

Working...
                  X