Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game freezes at random

Hi guys,

I own Rise of Nations since a week or so. I've patched my version up. However, the game just freezes at random! I'll make a short description:

I'm playing a game (doesn't matter of it's CtW or Random) for like, twenty minutes and suddenly the game crashes, just like that! The sound stops, the screen freezes. I can't return to Windows. Ctrl + Alt + Del doesn't help either. All there's left to do is to just manually resetting my PC.

My system specs are:

AMD Athlon 2100 XP
    512 MB DDR RAM
    GeForce IV 4200 Ti
    60 GB HD Space
    Avance inbuilt Soundcard

Running on DirectX 9.0a under Windows XP Professional.

My question is: is it my PC or is it the game that is malicious? Do more people have this problem and will there likely be a patch to fix this one?

Thanks in advance
    I really love this game and I just can't play it this way.
    Yesh, I have a Dutch accent. Isn't that weird?

More than likely you are having the same problem as I did. To make a long story short, try setting message details to low and see if that makes a difference. Let me know how that goes.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Thanks. I'll play the game now and do what you said. I'll post the results as soon as possible.

EDIT: I'm afraid that didn't help
      Last edited by Eyradir; July 1, 2003, 18:53.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Ah don't worry ... you can't help it. I can't help it. However, BHG can! So I really really URGE any BHG developer who might read this to fix this asap!

Comment

Working...
          X