Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit designs

Hi everyone,

first of all, thanks to all these gifted people, that already published or are still working on unit mods for RON.

Since i don`t have the ability to do these mods on my own, but still having some ideas, i will post them here. Would be interested, what other people think of it.

1. How about a russian chopper. I was a bit disapointed, when i discovered that all nations share the same apache chopper. How about a hokum or a hind chopper for the russians and their allies?

2. An old fashioned aircraft carrier for the modern age, and maybe some different fighters that launch from it. Looks a bit funny when playing the japanese and little corsair fighters launch from a modern US carrier

Oh well, that`s it for now...will post more, if it happens that people are interested in this post.

Thanks for reading it anyway

ya good call..i want to mod those u mentioned...as well as the carrier itself. In the modern age (ww2) they shouldnt be the Nimitz class with the off ramp type super carriers. In fact that should not be in the game since the U.S. isnt in the game, and none of the civs even in info age except France has a super carrier, most countries except the U.S. and France only have smaller Assault carriers.
    Are you down with ODV?

Comment

Please post your suggestions here:

since i am there mostly and monitoring that thread

also shows has samples of the unit mods I have done or will be doing or in progress.
      Are you down with ODV?

Comment

Yeah, a soviet helicopter would have been nice. I've been really impressed with all the graphical variations - two kinds of bombers, I think 3 jet fighters, 3 modern age tanks etc. A Hind really should have been included.
        But awesome work villy with all those mods, especially the riflemen; RoN really skips over the mid to late 19th century, it goes from muskets to the first world war.
        You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

yes the period after the american civil war to just up to ww1 isnt really covered, well the weaponry didnt change that much (i mean before that it was muskets and after it was rifles) but historically as far as uniforms that period isnt covered.
          Are you down with ODV?

Comment

exactly, it's mostly the uniforms that matter for that period, I was hoping to see some infantry just like the CivIII riflemen.
            You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

How bout the ships? There isn't much variety amongst the enlightenment ships either. It'll be nice to see an HMS Victory type ship-of-the-line (with yellow and black stripes) slugging it out against different color french or spanish ships.

Comment

We definitely need a new model for the British "light" tank Mk.IV. The default one - for some obscure reason - has a turret! It makes the tank look like some pre-Churchill wannabe with big tracks and side guns.

I crave for a realistic model without the silly turret.

Comment

maybe someone should create a new age mod in between enlightment and industrial.......iif thats possible of course

Comment

ya there seems to be bit of a jump there....

or alternately as not to upset the aging scheme (and the things based on 8 levels). They could have intermediate upgrades within an age for different units (or techs)

So that u stay inside the enligtenment age but u can upgrade a second time your units to be early rifles (ie. imperial age)
                    Are you down with ODV?

Comment

Working...
                    X