RON Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RON Clone

I just got my August CGW issue, and I noticed something odd in the reviews. It was an ad with the text
    North Africa, 1942: French soldiers scorched Axis troops with blistering flamethrower assaults
    (no game was mentioned). I turned the page:
    Stalingrad, 1943: Russia bombarded the invaders with the Katyusha launcher's hail of rockets
    I'm starting to think "Ok, an ad for RON". A couple pages later, I read that this is a new game from "the lead designer of Age of Empires and Empire Earth" and with the description "From the Middle Ages to WWII, command the deepest RTS in history".

Is it just me, or does that sound like a total rip-off? Someone should tell Rick Goodman he's too late
    cIV list: cheats
    Now watch this drive!

Are you surprised? RoN is just an EE/AoE clone. A better one, albeit, but still a clone.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Not really. I was, however, hoping that these people would have some honor left...
      Now watch this drive!

Comment

RoN isn't a clone of EE. Its just not close enough in game mechanics and graphics to be considered clonish.

Same genre though. But hey- its all opinions from here on out.

Comment

RoN was a message from god, materialized through the head of byran reynolds. EE was just a reverse clone. they found a zygote of RoN and ripped off what they could devise from it. that was a sin. life begins at conception. they killed they zygote. bhg went out of their way to recreate the zygotes natural environment, and raised it like they should have. thats why it took so long.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

and cloning is against god's will (tm)
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

If RoN is a clone of AoE then Zelda is a clone of PacMan.

Comment

EVERYTHING is a clone of PacMan . . .
                power-pellets, resource management, think about it man . . . think about it!
                Last edited by Andrew_Jay; June 27, 2003, 23:35.
                You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

RoN is a lot better than EE or AoE.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Sounds like they are working on an AoE III if it's from the middle ages to WWII...

RoN covers a much broader range of history than that

Comment

i believe this is the game...

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

Comment

oh please, have you guys played EE recently? Sure, a few things are changed, but it's still the same sh1t! RoN is much better though.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

So just because another historical RTS game is made and is based on history (the same place that RoN got it's ideas) it's a clone?
                          "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
                          - UberKruX

Comment

Well, it's coming out soon after RON, by the designer of AOE, has the same premise as RON, and contains similar units. They even look the same.
                            Now watch this drive!

Comment

Yeah, those Empires: Dawn screenshots look pretty nasty though. MMORPG-style sparse low res texture graphics are not what I'm looking for in my 3d games.
                              _/\ C
                              Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

Working...
                              X