Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On which maps do you play mostly?

Just curious...

I mostly play on standard map size (The one to 4 players), but with all 7 enemies (I like to have it cramped )

I don't have any preferences by the map style, I mostly set it to random, since I like to be supprised...
    This space is empty... or is it?

I'm not a big fan of naval fighting, so I tend to stick with land maps.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the Himalaya map, but also Mediterranean and the one (I think new world?) where you each have a small island and there's a big continent in the middle. As for size, so far I've just stuck with the "appropriate" size for the number of players.
      You tried and you failed. The lesson is, never try.

Comment

So far, I like:
        Old World
        Mediterranean

I know, it's a small list, maybe I'll experiment.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I only play Big Huge size maps, feeling that anything less is too small.

Right not, I'm diggin' the naval combat, especially the carriers
          cIV list: cheats
          Now watch this drive!

Comment

Carriers are fun.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

i like big huge atlantic seapower maps.
              B♭3

Comment

With size I pick according to the # of players...

Great Lakes is my favorite style.
                "War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."

Comment

I usually play random, at first I only played great lakes untill I played a mp map, and got a huge ocean one (which ever map it is whre you all get a continent and a ocean seperates everyone ) and I got wasted due to my inexperience with Naval tactics.

Originally posted by Sava
                  Carriers are fun.
                  Yes, yes they are. The first time I use them, I just kind of laughed and watched 2 carriers basicly slaughter my enemy's capital. (he didn't think any bombers could reach his capital so he didn't have any AA's )
                  If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

Comment

I prefer maps that are somewhat more Civ-like. I like playing on East Indies maps that I've modded slightly to create a few bigger continents and more water. However, I think Warring States is my favourite so far. It has water, but the land aspect is still of prime importance.
                    You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                      Carriers are fun.
                      they're floating targets for my sub packs.
                      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Great Sahara is erm...great! lotsa oil although limited wood can be a bit annoying sometimes, just makes it a bit more of a strategic resource.
                        Aslo like:
                        Southwest MEsa
                        Old World
                        Great Lakes

Haven't really experimented much yet with the sea maps...going to have to give them a look.

By the way: carriers do rock.
                        Time to take out the trash. You know its easy but it seems harder every time you try and think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX

they're floating targets for my sub packs.
                          Thats why I acompany them with a fleet of counters units for any Naval military.

If you just use subs your going to have your naval operation shut down in quite a hurry.

Do not try and denie the power of carriers

Comment

for my money, i'd rather have a carrier's cost in subs for the most part.
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Uber- why? If I already have sea dominance, and a good Navy Armada going, I would definitley want to exploit that and shove some Fighters down my enemies throat via the sea
                              Last edited by Poogas; June 26, 2003, 23:11.

Comment

Working...
                              X