Editing Nation Attributes...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Nation Attributes...???

1. Can I copy other nations' attributes and give them to someone else? For instance... in the rules.xml file, I copied every nation attribute line and renamed it for the Russian's. So far, it hasn't worked in a Quick Battle. Can it be done? If so, what am I doing wrong?

2. This may be moot, as I'm experimenting, but can I change the values for nation attributes? So far, that hasn't worked in game either.

What am I doing wrong here? Forgive me I'm a RoN modding n00b.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

I don't get this, the changes to nation attributes I am making don't have any affect in the game. Even when I delete all of them, they remain the same!
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

yea it seems for some stuff rules.xml is just the strings that the game diplays about what stuff does...not the lines which actually make stuff work

but just in case are u sure you did it right when u deleated all? try taking one of the ones which offers 0 or 1 for off or on and turn it off and see if it no longer works (or turn something which is usally off on - like restoring colouss caravan enhancer because there is still a line for that in rules.xml its jsut set to 0)

Comment

k, I'll try it... I'm disappointed I can't make a super nation.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

well you prbably can, just more complicated than changing the nation in the string - you have to call the string

Comment

how? exactly?
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
            X