Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategy Ideas

i had a idea for the INCA.

since the terra cotta army has no bonuses and all it does is create free troops, then if you are the INCA, if you build it put a rally at your opponents base. heres why:

1. INCA can get a reward for a death, so if you send free troops ( likely they will die ), you can get a profit.

2. While you keep sending troops the opponent will get frustrated from all of your attacks and wont attack you thinking that they wont be prepared enough.

It might sound confusing but think about it.

Makes sense, I wonder if it would work or not. Seeing as how the Troops where built from a Wonder, its anyones guess if Inca would get the refund or not.. Untill someone tries it that is
    If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

Comment

I just tested it out in the scenario, you get 10 food and 10 timber for each troop the dies.

I also dicovered if you have 2 troops, when one dies it gives you 11 food and timber, and 12 food and timber if you have 3 troops...so it seems it is 10f, 10l + (1f, 1l *number of other troops on battlefield)

cool
      Time to take out the trash. You know its easy but it seems harder every time you try and think about it.

Comment

Good to know

Comment

The formular is wrong. The refund is based on the price u would have to pay for the same unit @ the moment when the unit died. So u won't get more benefit when the max of +225% prize is reached. So u won't get more than 65% of the units base costs refunded at any time( u will get 65% if the prizelimit is reached)..

Comment

It's an Idea, but a good 1??? I doubt it! units cost far more then the refund you get as Inca! And as in any RTS, one is strong in numbers so why waste off valuable *free* units? It seems better to get the refund with a good organized attack, for the sustained casualties. But hey have it your way!
            And why botter to send these troops to an enemy camp if its just for a refund? Just *delete* them yourself!

I would only do this strategy as Inca if i'm realy desperate, and then yet I wouldn't love to do it!
            Pain is of no subsequence to me, for you cannot kill what cannot bleed!

Comment

Its only meant for Inca, as u only get refunds when u are that civ.

Also if u delete the units yourself, i dont believe you get the refund.

Lastly, if you had a big organized attack and your opponent fought it off, you would be vulnerable to be attacked. However, if you send continuous units, the opponent will be lead to believe that he wont be ready to attack you, because every time u send units they will probably kill another unit or two. So, it is highley likely that the player will want to replenish those killed units that uve killed. Resulting in more time for you to build your army.

So, it mainly gives you more time and a bit of extra recources that can come in handy in the early ages.

Comment

I know you meant only for Inca, I play them myself

You think that sending 1 unit will kill some units of an enemy, without taking in account attrition or some garrizoned city/tower/fortress???? that is foolish!
                By the time you could build terra cota my defences would be so thight, that unit would perish in seconds

If your opponent fought of a big organized attack, he would have suffered, but more then you because you got the refund, so you could strike again faster then him, especially if you hit his economy first! normaly he would have garrizoned some citizen's in the line of fire, so your own economy was growing faster at the same time as well!

and if an opponent kept sending units 1 by 1 I wouldt doubt his strategic capacities and charge myself.

every 30 secs charging a unit to his death for only a mear 10f/10t seems a total waist to me, compared to your army that would grow in larger numbers then his thanks to terra cota. 30 seconds also takes too damn long for such a small bonus.
                Pain is of no subsequence to me, for you cannot kill what cannot bleed!

Comment

At the very least, mass them and send them to their death in the hopes of doing more than making them repaint their tanks.
                  Radeon 9600 XT 256MB, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, WinXP SP2, 2.4GHz P4, latest Catalysts, Civ4 DX9

Comment

Working...
                  X