Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOw do you gret an AI Ally to to attack something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOw do you gret an AI Ally to to attack something?

How do you gret an AI Ally to to attack something?

Is there a command?

There are AI Ally commands. You need to hit Enter and then type them in. I can't seem to find my manual, but it details the commands. In my experience, they don't seem to work. My allies don't listen to me.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

OKay, I found it. It's not the manual, but the little pamphlet that details the Nation Attributes. On one page, there are command explanations.

To command AI Ally

Press Enter, then a number, then Enter again.

Request Resources
      Food ----------- 4
      Timber --------- 5
      Metal ----------- 6
      Wealth --------- 7
      Oil -------------- 8

Strategy
      Build More Troops ------ 13
      Build a wonder ---------- 14
      Build your economy ---- 15
      Build your air force ------ 16
      Build your navy --------- 17

Military
      Attack ------------------- 19
      Move troops here* ------ 22

* after Military Command, press INSERT and click on map
      Hopefully this will help you.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Thank you! I had not been hitting insert...

So do you also know how to have your formation move and stay in its nice fomation?

Comment

There is a complete list of all the commands/taunts 1-100 in the RoN website Riseofnations.com But can't remember exactly where, search around there for abit, if ya want to know them all.
          If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

Comment

The full list of Taunts/Commands can be found on your very own hard drive in the main Rise of Nations Folder/directory.

As for giving commands to allies, forget it. They're an ignorant bunch & will stand idly by while the enemy kick your ass. Even "Move your Troops here ", followed by the insert key to tell them exactly where does not motivate them. Probably some kind of bug.

AI allies, in RoN, are as much use as an ashtray on a motorcycle.
            APATHY ERROR: Don't bother striking any key.

Comment

Hmm, when I hit 22/[ins], troops usually arrive post haste...
              cIV list: cheats
              Now watch this drive!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Scorpion
                The full list of Taunts/Commands can be found on your very own hard drive in the main Rise of Nations Folder/directory.

As for giving commands to allies, forget it. They're an ignorant bunch & will stand idly by while the enemy kick your ass. Even "Move your Troops here ", followed by the insert key to tell them exactly where does not motivate them. Probably some kind of bug.

AI allies, in RoN, are as much use as an ashtray on a motorcycle.
                It works for me - of course it has to be physically possible for your allies to get the troops there .........
                EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

I wonder why it doesn't work for me then?
                  APATHY ERROR: Don't bother striking any key.

Comment

AI allies generally don't do anything. Except sometimes, they get attacked instead of me.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Seems to work for me, are you getting a "roger" from the computer after you enter "22" and ping the map?

Comment

yea, they say roger, but stand around doing nothing.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It worked in my case, except they got sunk by SUB when trying to cross the sea.

it their loss anyway.

Also they tends to send reinforcement when i got attacked. Save my ass many times. Why, because i never build any troops in the early phase and got rush by Japan or mon. Any way when i got lots of troops, they came as well to help themselve to my cake.

Comment

I absolutely the 19 and 22 taunts -- I'm a diplomatic player by nature so for me this is best feature I've ever seen in any game: it truly allows me to fight side-by-side with my allies, and it works perfectly! I've already fought numerous battles that I'm quite sure I would have lost if it wasn't for my allies sending me backups. Heck, in some cases my ally was kicking the enemy's butt while all I could do (aside from directing his attack) was send him backup...

The only problem is that it sometimes works too well: I can send a powerfull ally off to fight some weak enemy and then amass my own army near his capital, build a few fortresses and towers there and then backstab him by declaring war and taking his capital. By the time he gets his army back to defend his capital, I've already taken it and turned it into a stronghold of my own, making his defeat inevitable. Of course, it would only be wise to do this if there are no strong enemies left on the map, because by destroying your ally you effectively halve your pop cap and economic limits.
                            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I've moved this thread to the appropriate place.

RAH
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X