Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch Problems

Having a few minor patch problems.

On my computer with an internet connection, I let it auto download and install. Since I play only multiplayer on there, I found no problems.

On my faster computer without an internet connection, I needed to download the patch manually. I went to the official RoN website and downloaded patch 2 (the about 8 Mbs one) and burned it to a CD to patch RoN on my other computer. Installed fine but:

1. My two previous savegames will no longer load. They go to the loading screen but right before it gets to the RESTORE ones it drops to the desktop with a runtime error (which I will post a bit later). If I start a new game, save it and load it is fine.

2. I have suddenly noticed some of the text has no spaces between words.

e.g. Create Citizen 80% has become
    Create Citizen80%

This may have happened before but I didn't notice. Can anyone clear these (minor) issues up? Otherwise the game is working perfectly well

I have noticed the spaces between words thing, but that doesn't really matter.

I haven't tried loading any old saved games. But logical thought would point to the fact that older saved games don't work with newer versions.
    Time to take out the trash. You know its easy but it seems harder every time you try and think about it.

Comment

I can understand why old games may not work after patching, but it is common in most games that they do when a new patch is released, so this surprises me a little. It is no big deal, I would just like to know why it happens and maybe if it will happen in any future patches.

Comment

Working...
      X