about Inca unique unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about Inca unique unit

After playing more than 15 games of Inca, I can tell you I won't make a single UU in all my game. The inti-clubman can do a decent job as archer and weak.

I would rather use calvary vs archer or just using archer vs archer. While because of its suck UU doesn't mean Inca is weak, it refund bounus and gold mine is so good.
    You can make tons of heavy cav and archer without problem.

Just another example of how UUs are not that big of deal in RoN, unlike Civ3. Pick your Civ from its traits, not its special units.
    "War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."

Comment

It also said maceman strong vs mounted units but the result is disapointed. it died 1 on 1 with heavy or light cavlary.

Comment

I've gotten spanked by Incan mortars before, mainly because as soon as he reached Enlightenment he made 8 mortars. This was against the AI on Toughest, its very hard if not impossible to keep up with Inca in Technology on Toughest. I have a sneaking suspicion though that Incan mortars do extra splash.

Comment

*sighs* Actually, Signa, UUs do make a difference in this game. Try sticking 15 Red Gurads against 15 Infantry, and see who wins . And other units like Katusha and Mongol archers are excpetionally deadly, to enemy troops and economy, and canpush your way into victory, VERY fast. They do not value as much as in AoK(the eles, compared with mayan bowmen, lol, still make me laugh) The thing is the UU's in RoN have a higher bonus percentage against the units that they are suppose to conquer. I also think that incas are not such a bad civ. Their mortars can whoop Infantry, or cavalry butt when intrenched or behind protection of some sort. And the clubmen do an exellent job in cutting down pikemen and javileneers(and pretty well against cavalry, when in numbers of course). And mind that in the mediaval age, a good player creates many javilneers an pikemen, to upgrade them to Arquebusiers. That's when your macemen will be out of use, because they eventually get chopped up by arquebusers. I do agree on 1 thing though, that you should pick a civ because of its traits, not its UU's. Learned that the hard way. Although some civs have both.

Comment

What I was saying is that while UUs have an effect in the game the traits matter a lot more. Choose for traits, not for units.
            "War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."

Comment

Originally posted by ded_man_walkin
              And mind that in the mediaval age, a good player creates many javilneers an pikemen, to upgrade them to Arquebusiers.
              Pikemen do not upgrade to Arquebusiers. Crossbowmen upgrade to musketeers though.

Comment

Working...
              X