Research times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research times?

Is there other things, like nation and rare resources, that can change research time?

In my last game, I was playing the Koreans, which have no faster research (as far as I know), and I didn't have any special resources that could change it either... but still I researched my tech faster than the enemy, who started long time before me...

Btw, in this game, I'm using the "Very slow tech mod", which makes researching of ages take very long time...
    In this game, my enemy started researching next age looong time before me, but still he only managed to get to the age, very little time before me...

How come?
    This space is empty... or is it?

sci techs speed up research. maybe you got a sci tech they didnt?
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

also, there are rare resources that effect it, or is that just cost?
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

From the RoN Strategy Guide (Sybex), page 55, on the Very Expensive tech cost:
        "Age advance costs are increased 100%; all other research costs are increased 50%.... The A.I.'s strong focus on mainstream research means computer opponents might lack, or be unwilling to spend, resources needed for other important sutff, such as military units."

Overall, the section infers strongly that the more expensive the tech setting, the less advantage the AI will have (i.e., they REALLY enjoy the "cheap" setting)!

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX
          sci techs speed up research. maybe you got a sci tech they didnt?
          Thx, didn't know that... I'm always ahead in sci techs, so that might explain it...

Comment

Re: Research times?

Originally posted by ADG
            Is there other things, like nation and rare resources, that can change research time?
            The rare resource "Relics" increases the speed of research and upgrades by 33%
            Time to take out the trash. You know its easy but it seems harder every time you try and think about it.

Comment

I think I expressed myself wrong, what I ment was, if there were other things that could change the research speed... that means other than rare resources and nations...

Comment

Apart from changing the Game's Settings, researching Science & having a Merchant @ the Relics, I don't believe so.
                APATHY ERROR: Don't bother striking any key.

Comment

You forgot nation powers Red

Comment

Originally posted by Nacht
                    You forgot nation powers Red
                    I took the "nations..." to mean other than National Powers...

But you're right Nacht, I included Relic (a rare resource ), so I should have included National Powers.

Originally posted by ADG
                    that means other than rare resources and nations...
                    Last edited by Red Scorpion; June 18, 2003, 10:55.
                    APATHY ERROR: Don't bother striking any key.

Comment

Price also reduces (10%??) if someone else gets the major tech first (or was it 'Age Advance'?).

Comment

The slow tech mod your using might have a research speed adjustment you are not aware of
                        If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

Comment

Working...
                        X