Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme War Mod....Enhanced Unit cost (no spam war anymore!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme War Mod....Enhanced Unit cost (no spam war anymore!)

Hey all you can now download the enhanced war mod. The changes will be listed below!

-All units base cost increased by x2. (seige,citizens,caravans,merchants no change)

-This also raises ramping since its based on base cost.

Example; Infantry 60f(before) now at 120f first price. With ramping can cost 240 a pop MAX.

This mod kills spam. When playing on Very slow and expensive tech this mod makes gameplay much better. No more spamming units till one of ya dies. You need to keep them alive alot more now

Have Fun! Besure to back up your Unitrules.xml!

I will balance as needed please post any info on balance inside this thread and I will correct as needed!

{edit}

This mod was made to make war less of a spam fest. It now does just that. Teching in the begining will give you a upper hand while your enemy will have more units but not have the tech you do so they counter number vs fewer teched units! Also War is now more stratigic no more click hotspot on map and spam units out if you do you will lose many funs.

This mode was made to play on Very expensive and Very slow tech setting. It makes the game longer and slower as units get expensive. It does not unbalance anything. Seige price was kept the same because they have a high support cost already. If you like spamless war have fun!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Vipermmx; June 15, 2003, 14:37.

You ever notice how things get so much better when you add the word "extreme" in the front of their names?

Like extreme paintbrawl, or extreme water sports, or extreme winter sports...

Comment

hehe love the word

Comment

I was just checking out your unit stats before trying this mod (as I agree with the motivation), and noticed that you have made significant changes in reload times for many units. Siege in particular is very fast (e.g. 5 instead of 55 for artillery, but for some reason you made howitzer slower than artillery at 16??) Was this intentional?) . Also tanks and archers are faster, but cavalry has a slower firing rate than before. Can you explain why you made these changes and your experience to date? I will give it a whirl at a very low pop threshold and see what happens. Why do you not mention all the changes either in your board text or in the readme? Are there other changes?

Comment

Working...
        X