Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to limit barracks per city?? (editing XML rules)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to limit barracks per city?? (editing XML rules)

Just wondering. Im tired of the seeing so many barracks I would like to know what ties a building to a city and how I can make barracks limited to 1 per city.

Im also in the process of increasing the cost of researching new ages by x2 of very slow and very expensive(need slower games).

Also tired of armys having infinate units. So I might increase unit cost in the info age its just click on hotspot and spam units(cash is to wide spread).

Think of it as hardcore mod hehe.

Anyway anyone know?

Just found that units have support costs lol. I think ill raise those costs to make it harder to create a large army.

It seems that support doesnt even do a damn thing in game its so low. I never have suffered from it even when having tons of units.

Comment

Just found that units have support costs ...
      This is NEWS. Could you document that (please)?

Comment

I found support is just the value that ramping uses.... Its not really support but it does alter how much each time you buy a unit raises its cost. I put it at 5f/5t and each time i got a slinger(starts at 40f) it raises cost by 10-15 and so on.\

I found another way to stop unit spam though New topic though!

Comment

That does not seem to be a "cost per time" item.

Ramping is NOT news. BTW, ramping costs for units maxes out at twice base cost (per what I've read). Buildings max out at (infinity)?

Comment

Actually yes it does tested. Ramping stopped at 90 for slinger based cost 45. So yep.

I found how to make it 1 barrack per city now in building rules so changing that now. This topic is dead now lol.

Comment

Viper -- to make your Barracks mod work right you may also need to set the flag that says Barracks can -only- be built in a city (in addition to the flag that says each city can have only one).

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Reynolds
                Viper -- to make your Barracks mod work right you may also need to set the flag that says Barracks can -only- be built in a city (in addition to the flag that says each city can have only one).

Brian
                I NEVER put my barracks in a city.... I always do a "foward" system of forts/towers with my military buildings behind em. Fight my battles at my border so if im gonna get raped I have a few extra seconds to prepare defences on my cities.

Also makes it easier to send your guys to the front.

Comment

Working...
                X