Ron Doesn't always startup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Doesn't always startup?

About 3/4 of the time I start RON. It gets to the point where it is about to play the intoductory plane ride, but nothing happens. Black Screen. I can't tell what fixes it but I usually have to re-boot the computer and then even try a couple more times to get it to start.

Any idea why this happens?
    If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

I've no idea why that's happening, but you can turn off the intro movie by editing "RISE2.INI".

Locate the line that says:

SkipIntroMovies=0

And change it to say:

SkipIntroMovies=1

Comment

Also try reinstalling directx 9. My friend has a similar problem where he'd has to reinstall dx9 *every time* before loading RoN (not long before he gets fed up and reinstalls Windows).

Comment

I have the same exact problem. was hoping for a more conclusive answer...

Comment

My problem is it'll start up, go black, then minimise to the tool bar and can't be maximised. No sound or anything, just a useless Rise of Nations bar on the bottom of the screen. Often this happens when Rise of Nations isn't the first program run. I found it when trying the second start-up trick to improve frame rates, then one day it wouldn't start the second time.
          You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

Having the same issue.

Double click it - hourglass comes up for a split second, but nothing after that.

I tried reinstalling (after fully uninstalling) 2 times. nutn.

I then uninstalled, and re-installed it, but in a new location. nutn.

I've no idea why that's happening, but you can turn off the intro movie by editing "RISE2.INI".

Locate the line that says:

SkipIntroMovies=0

And change it to say:

SkipIntroMovies=1
            --- Didn't work for me

Comment

I have reformatted C, installed my latest drivers (45.43 for my Nvidia GE Force 4 as recommended by msoft) and installed Directx 9.0

No good. Same results, with the addition of massive frustration.

Comment

Working...
              X