X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nuclear embargo

what is that actually ??
    i see it in Market

You can't buy or sell resources during an embargo.
    Selling and buying resources is something most new players never do and never think of. I must say I forget about it after industrial myself, but I can imagine that it is quite important in the later ages, when you exactly know what is expendible and what is requiered.

Comment

I think mystique is asking what causes it, how long it lasts, how to prevent it, etc... things I kind of would like to know as well (stupid-ass manual and in-game help don't even mention it )
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Setting off a Nuclear Missile causes the Embargo, & lasts approx 2 Game Minutes (in my experience anyway )

Although, if you play through the ages, by the time you set off your Nukes you've probably got enough stockpiled resources to make this a rather weak deterent.
        APATHY ERROR: Don't bother striking any key.

Comment

the first nuke does't do it, IIRC. i think every nuke launched AFTER the first (or, after a set #) adds 2 minutes to the timer.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

i dont get it
            what make it available in market ??

Comment

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. Nothing make Nuclear Embargo 'Available', it is not something you use, it's not a technology/research. It simply means that if you launch nukes you CANNOT use your market to buy & sell resources for a set time period.

If you're not familiar with RTS games you'll probably not understand the importance of the Market. Buying & selling @ the market can sometimes mean the difference between doing a particular researce immediately (by selling one resource & buying the one you need ), or waiting til you have enough of the needed resource via gathering. More important @ the early stages a game rather than the later stages.
              APATHY ERROR: Don't bother striking any key.

Comment

Originally posted by mystique
                i dont get it
                what make it available in market ??
                at the market, when you get the commerce 2 tech, you can buy / sell goods there.

for example, you can sell 100 food for a sum of gold. then you can buy 100 timber for a sum of gold. it allows you to sell off excess and buy what you need.

a nuclear embargo stops this, the major reasoning behind it is that the nuker would need to buy more oil. essentially, if someone drops 3 nukes or so, and you take out his oil supplies, you've stopped him from nuking again for quite a while.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I would perfer cuiser missiles to take out enemy oil suppiles.

But i do nuke a lot too :

Especially when they are building Wonders. It send a almost finish wonder back to the start and kill off all the civ and army around it.

I usually ended with 10+ minutes embargo.

As Uber KruX say" 2 minutes addition per nuke"

2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16...

Comment

oh i get it now

honestly,i never change the setting on market
                    i never take care for it

Comment

Are there situations when you cannot Nuke. I have used Nukes a few times. But the last game I played took a long time for me to finish off the AI. And when I would try to Nuke it would show a fire symbol on my cursor instead of a missle, and the Nuke would not launch.
                      If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

click on the attack ground button.

Comment

did the enemy have a missile shield?

Comment

most like so, i cannot target a nation with missile shield completed.

Next time, i will nuke that library that is reaching a missile shield tech.

Comment

Working...
                            X