Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on the patch situation

Update on the current patch situation:

It looks like there was a problem with the auto-patch patching some people's .exe files. We've identified the issue and are correcting the patch to resolve the issue. Last night we thought that the stand-alone patch would resolve these issues but want to be 100% sure and are making the fix for the standalone as well. This means that the standalone AND a fixed version of the auto-patch are still in the works. We're hoping to have them done by tomorrow. Note that we're not taking extra time just to take the time - it just takes that much time to test the 32+ version patch combination matrix (don't forget about international versions!) and then get the files online. We really are trying to get this done as fast as we can.

It also means that we've been so busy with identifying and resolving the patch issue that I've not had a chance to get you that changelist I promised (by about *now* I believe). I hope folks will understand that getting folks working is our top priority. I'll try to have that changelist for you shortly.

It's also worth mentioning that this patch makes several changes to our patching system. These changes should help us avoid any further similar issues. You'll also note that an "update game" button has been added to the menu so you'll no longer have to wonder "how do I get the new patch?"

Our most sincere apologies for any confusion or trouble you might have experienced. You should have a fix shortly *OR* you can just reinstall RON and then use the auto-patch (which reliably works on a clean install) if you don't want to wait.

Overtime: one of the joys of patching before the weekend!

Comment

shhhhh! Paul needs the monies!
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

It's nice to see developers so commited

Stand-alone patch is a good idea. I'm such a dumbass, I can't even tell if my game got auto-patched.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If it did there will now be a "Update" addition to the main menu
          EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

**Update**

The installation issues with patch 2 have been resolved so it should now download and update your game as expected.

Sorry for the mistake folks. We will be doing everything we can to prevent this sort of error from occurring in future updates to the game.
            www.bighugegames.com

Comment

From the MS site:-

"The Rise of Nations Update v1.02 is primarily focused on multiplayer (MP) issues. This manual patch is only necessary if you are having trouble autopatching the game. If you encounter any errors installing the new patch, you should uninstall, install the game again and then apply the new patch.

Issues addressed with this update include:

MP Lag seems to be fixed even for severe clock drift. The major MP lag issue was not related to network bandwidth.

The major issues with hosting behind a NAT have been fixed.

MP ratings are fixed. Ratings will be reset as the current ones are not meaningful.
              CtW crash related to 16-bit vs 32-bit color on battle loading has been fixed.
              GameSpy Arcade and the in-game matchmaking services are now compatible.
              You can now check for updates without going into GameSpy.
              Chat message are now white with only the player name colored.
              Armageddon does not happen in "Sandbox" mode (1-player).
              Additional anti-cheat protection.
              Much better support for pre-prelease patch testing.
              Fixed ping-sorting for in-game matchmaking.
              Added a semi-documented way of adjusting the colors as requested by some colorblind players. Thanks to Ike for putting it in and providing a sample set of colors."

If you do not want to use Gamespy then get it from here:-

Experience the new generation of games and entertainment with Xbox. Play Xbox games and stream video on all your devices.
              EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

The standalone version of patch 2 failed for me at 18%. I'm playing an unmodded game version with patch 1 installed. US version of the game.

I uninstalled, then reinstalled, and it worked fine.

Not sure whether this is what you would have expected.

Comment

I have had problems with the patch, but everything is fine now. I noticed that after downloading the patch it did no start installing itself until I clicked to login to gamespy. Was this just a coincidence, or does the login button activate the install? Normally I would expect a patch to immediatly auto-install itself.
                  Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Due to lack of activity, this thread is being unstuck.

If anyone feels strongly about it, just post in my office thread and i'll restick it. (assuming I agree with you
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Will the 3rd and 4th patch be available

to download?

I don't see how it could be so difficult to have both a gamespy version and a direct download version available on the same day.

I think game interest will erode as you continue to employ a strategy of putting off reasonable access requests from those of us who have bought the game and want to play with fewest problems, not to mention potential added features!
                      'Blood will run'

Comment

Re: Will the 3rd and 4th patch be available

Originally posted by Savant
                        I think game interest will erode as you continue to employ a strategy of putting off reasonable access requests from those of us who have bought the game and want to play with fewest problems, not to mention potential added features!
                        I could not agree more strongly. What the heck is "Gamespy" anyway? I should not have to go to some third-party site to get a patch.

Comment

You don't, you can download from the main menu now, this was fixed in patch 2. So your complaining about something that was already fixed.
                          "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
                          - UberKruX

Comment

Originally posted by Bridger
                            You don't, you can download from the main menu now, this was fixed in patch 2. So your complaining about something that was already fixed.
                            (Unless he hasn't gotten patch 2 (from June 14th) yet, which would be an even greater error/sin)

Comment

Glad to see BHG making sure the standalone patch is kept as up to date as the auto-patch. I need the auto-patching system for my internet connected computer, and the standalone for my other computer without an internet connection that I play against the AI on cause it is faster.

Comment

Working...
                              X