New Patch: It's a secret!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Patch: It's a secret!!

Seriously what is up with his "we'll tell you what it does later" crap? I like to know what I'm downloading before I do it...

Information, already posted by jcoleman of BHG some weeks ago:

PATCH2
    Address our current inability to accurately test patches for all languages before going live. This patch will likely go up in the next few days and will be extremely limited in scope.

PATCH3
    Address issues that are keeping some people from enjoying the game at all. The timetable is ASAP but, with all the testing involved, is likely to take 1-3 weeks. These issues include:
    * Consistent CTW crashes on some systems. Some people seem to have solved the problem by upgrading their motherboard bios. We hope to either address the problems within the game itself or have a clear understanding of the problem so we can more effectively help people solve it.
    * Severe MP lag for some, regardless of bandwidth or machine specs. Since we were unable to repro the problem on site, someone is graciously sending us his system which exhibits the problem. Thanks for the many offers.
    * Inability to host behind a NAT via GameSpy even when the appropriate ports are opened.
    * Poorly behaving MP rating system.

PATCH4
    Hopefully, by this point, we can begin real improvements and start incorporating the many wonderful suggestions for improving online matchmaking and the overall game experience. We should have details at a later date.
    Beep...beep...beep.

Comment

unbelievably descriptive...

Comment

Why don't you just wait until the official description of the patch comes out before downloading it and complaining on a forum? The rest of us will install it blind cuz we are eager for gameplay enhancements.

Comment

I like to know what I'm getting into.

Comment

you know, you could just not install it and hold off on mp for a bit...
            B♭3

Comment

And I am

Comment

lol that means you cant play online.

your a bit wierd and paranoid, what do you think BHG would release a virus and fool everyone into thinking it was a patch?

Comment

Originally posted by Flayer

your a bit wierd and paranoid, what do you think BHG would release a virus and fool everyone into thinking it was a patch?
                  Well, it IS being produced by MicroSoft, right? j/k

(BTW, my real computer is a Mac,
                  my Wintel box is for playing games)

Comment

Perhaps the answer to this is elsewhere, but where do I get the patch? Or does it patch automatically when you go on Gamespy and play a game? I don't recall seeing any notification that my game has been patched. It hasn't crashed since I went online, so perhaps it did get patched and I'm just a dumbass.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava, log into gamespy (in game matchmaking) and it will download it. After download, log in and it will install.

This patch makes it easier to check for updates, since a button will apear in your game that "checks for updates" heh.
                      "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
                      - UberKruX

Comment

Working...
                      X