X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOST Games

Hi!

I have a problem.

I can´t host a mp game at gamespy network.
    I can join without any problems existing games.
    I have a hardware router and shared Internet connections...has anybody the same prob solved?
    Please help, thank you....

Maruosch

I think this is a firewall "issue". Most hardware routers come with firewall (actually NAT but let's be simple ).

You need to open/forward these ports:
    6667 (IRC)
    3783 (Voice Chat Port)
    27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
    28900 (Master Server List Request)
    29900 (GP Connection Manager)
    29901 (GP Search Manager)
    13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
    6515 (Dplay UDP)
    6500 (Query Port)

The list would be on: http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/firewalls.shtml

Do you know how to do this?

-OR-

You can use DirectIP. Still need to open two ports. You can find which from the game Option > General's Host & Client ports.

If I'm not mistaken BHG is going to "fix" this with the second patch.

Comment

Thank you for your reply!

But I´m afraid i don´t know how to open the ports...
      I´m connected with the router (brand:LG) with two other pc´s...we share the same dsl connection.
      Should i configure the router itself with my pc or configure my inet connection?

I´ll be happy if you can help me...

btw, the second patch do not solve this problem, i do not know if it solves any problems:-)

Thank you
      Maruosch

edit:
      I´ve opened the configprog of my router, i think i can open the ports here:
      Virtual Server Configuration

ID Public Port Private Port Port Type Host IP Address

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Use the following form to add special port that you want to be opened for your special application

ID Public Port Private Port Port Type Host IP Address
      TCP
      UDP

But now, what where should i entry the ports?
      public or private?Host IP is the ip of my pc?
      Last edited by Maruosch; June 14, 2003, 12:35.

Comment

I don't know about LG routers so bear with me.

Let's see if I get this right, the columns are:
        • ID -- string value (so you can enter a name to remember)
        • Public port -- incoming connection request
        • Private port -- outgoing
        • Port type -- either TCP/UDP
        • Host IP address -- one of your computer internal address

Could you consult your manual to make sure they're right.

Usually port entries would be in range, e.g. 1001-1010 to make it easier. For example IRC range: 6660-6669 and the router will automatically select which one available. From what you mention your LG router doesn't allow this. No big deal, just more works specifying them one by one.

If I was right regarding what those entries mean, then (an example of entering IRC 6667 port):
        • ID -- you can put anything that suits you, e.g. "IRC"
        • Public port -- 6667
        • Private port -- Honestly I'm not really sure about this. Try putting the same port number (in this case 6667) or leave it empty. See which one works.
        • Port type -- TCP is more secure but a bit slower. UDP is less secure but faster. I usually use TCP. UDP only if specifically requested.
        • Host IP address -- Put the IP of your internal computer IP. If you don't know, open a command prompt window, and type ipconfig (winXP), or ipcfg/winipcfg (win9x). For example: 192.168.1.101.

Again please check your manual. What worries me is mine (LinkSys Router) doesn't have Pulic & Private ports, only port (one kind). I assume public = incoming & private = outgoing. But I can be wrong. Could be Public = connection from internet (WAN) & Private = from your network (LAN) e.g. from your other computer.

Usually this is called "Port Forwarding" so would be in "Forwarding" menu (mine: Advanced > Forward). There's another called "Port Triggering" that needs two port entries (like yours): "Port Trigger" and "Incoming Port" but for specific programs (needs to enter the program name). That's what confuses me. Port forwarding has one port column (you have two), while port triggering has two (like yours) buth needs program name (your don't).
        Last edited by azalae; June 14, 2003, 22:57.

Comment

Ok I have A Belkin Router, can you please help me, please tell me what to put in those boxes
          I know how to get to it All I need to know what port numbers and has a blekin router that understands.

Comment

Originally posted by AppleButta
            Ok I have A Belkin Router, can you please help me, please tell me what to put in those boxes
            I know how to get to it All I need to know what port numbers and has a blekin router that understands.
            It should be the same as (or similar to) what I already posted. I intentionally left out many details since I wanted this to be as simple as possible.

Basically Firewall block any attempt from outside to connect (by opening ports) to you computer (or network).

What Port Forwarding does: filter any attempt to open (connect using) certain ports to one computer.

If you want one of you computer has internal IP address of 192.168.1.101 and you want it to be able to establish connection (accept connection request) using port 12345, then put:
            Port: 12345
            IP 192.168.1.101
            Type: TCP and/or UDP (depends on need)

TCP is slower but more secure (has transmission error checking, thus slower). UDP faster but no checking.

I have no idea how to specifically set this on a Belkin Router but the general idea is straight forward.

There's a similar mechanism called Port Triggering but let's talk the simpler mean first.

Comment

Thank you anyway man at least you try

Comment

Hi

im using a belkin router also

but the ports i need to open range from one number to another

for example

27000 - 27015

how do i enter this in the router page?? ive tried putting 27000 in the private port and 27015 in the public port but it isnt working

Comment

Working...
                X