Air Transports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Transports

Didn't really want to start a new thread, but can't find anywhere else suitable for this:

Is it just me, or does anyone else miss the Air-Transports ? Especially in Modern/Info Ages. Had them in EE, AoM (Roc ), SW:Galactic Battlegrounds, C&C Generals, etc.

I miss being able to air-drop Sabotours, Civilians, raiding parties behind enemy lines, or getting from one side of the map to the other without having to go through enemy territory. Plus it's a quick way to rush much needed rienforcements from point A to point B.

*This is NOT a complaint/moan, simply an observation. Perhaps an idea for a future patch/expansion pack?

Thoughts?
    APATHY ERROR: Don't bother striking any key.

I like the idea of air transports - but it does introduce a lot of extra micromanagement. You'd be forced to use the transports because you'd otherwise be at a great disadvantage, so the micromanagement would be forced on everyone.

I wonder if there could be some scheme similar to the ship autotransports? Whatever the scheme, it would have to be carefully balanced.

In fact, the introduction of air transports would probably need the whole game to be rebalanced to take account of it, so great would be its impact. And of course the AI would need to be modified to take account of it.

Nothing that couldn't be managed for an expansion pack, I guess.

Comment

RoN seems to use transport (air or surface) very little, maybe they purposely stayed away from it...

Comment

It seems we have to use generals' forced marches instead of Superhighways (no collisions included), railways and air transport.

Comment

Working...
        X