Am I patched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I patched?

I just downloaded something via gamespy. It updated correctly and my version is now 01.14.06.055. Is this the second patch? Clicking "look for updates" inside RON tells me there are no updates available. And I have now an patch.err file in my RON directory:

ENTRY: data\fonts.xml.9
    warning wpt0015: Old File does not exist

ENTRY: data\fonts.xml.10

ENTRY: data\fonts.xml.12

ENTRY: data\aboutbox.xml.16

ENTRY: data\fonts.xml.16

ENTRY: data\translated_strings.xml.16

ENTRY: data\aboutbox.xml.9

ENTRY: data\help.xml.9

ENTRY: data\string_lookup.xml.9

ENTRY: data\translated_strings.xml.9

ENTRY: data\aboutbox.xml.10

so what is it now? the game still doesnt work btw...
    I am playing the german version. Starting gamespy also gives me no further download...

But how to get patched? Is there a special version for the european gamers? Or is it just down at the moment?

Comment

The first patch had 01.14.05.0902, I am now on 01.14.06.0500. So is it the 2nd, or just an "improved" 1st patch?

Comment

Two patches have been released for the game.

The first patch was 01.14.05.0902

If you did a clean install and went on Gamespy to get the patch, you should have been patched straight up to 01.14.06.0500

If you have a "Check for Updates" button on your main screen, that's the latest patch. (01.14.06.0500)
        _/\ C
        Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

So whats the matter with that error file? Am I lacking some important files? I have them now but without those numbers. What do they mean?
          I still get the exception error when trying to play CTW. And I still get those random freezes.

Comment

The warning is just telling you that some new files were introduced with the patch (which is very common with patches).

You can safely ignore those warnings.

Comment

I don't know if I'm patched either. I went to Gamespy online, played a game, but didn't see anything that said I was updated. The game hasn't crashed since I did this (it was crashing before), so I assume I'm all good.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Carch's reply above says how you tell if you're patched.

Comment

Mabey you great people can shed some light on my little problem. Went threw the whole deal with the patch like evryone else last night. Gave up, but realizing this game rocks I knew I could wait till things worked out. The guy said hed release a standalone patch today. I haven;t found it and I wanted to play RoN with the new patch so I had some free time to kill. I Then went to uninstall RoN followed with a fresh install then I had the stand alone 1st patch I installed that and went right to multiplayer auto patch d/led that to 100% and when I went to play I got kicked out of rise.exe. So I loaded it up again and tryd to get on only to find out that my version was not updated and I have to re d/l evrything again I have been having this problem for 2 days now I have a 56k so to d/l the patch takes like an hour. I'm not willing to try again unless things get straitened out. Or am I doing something wrong. This last time I did it i didn't see an auto update patch installer thing come up.

Comment

Originally posted by GodSpawn
                    Carch's reply above says how you tell if you're patched.
                    I never had a "check for updates" button when I first installed the game. Unless they shipped a patched version of the game... I dunno

It hasn't crashed since I went online, so I guess I must be patched.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Tass: Do you mean the version I bought at the store is patched? If that is the case, I already had it crash on me for no apparant reason. Although that happened once, it still would mean that the game is bugged. Oh well, I'm not going to worry about it as long as it doesn't crash any more.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The versions so far:

1.13.04.1801: Original Retail
                        1.14.05.0902: Patch 1
                        1.14.05.2902: East Asia Original Retail
                        1.14.06.0500: Patch 2

Some ways to check your version:

1) Enter the lobby for Quick Battle or MP game. In the lower left corner, you should see the version number.

2) At the first menu of the game, select "Tools & Extras", then "About Rise of Nations". The version should be displayed at the top.

3) Right click on nations.exe in your game directory and select "Properties". Select "File Version" from the list. In XP, you can actually just hold your mouse pointer over the nations.exe icon and popup text should show the version.

Hope this helps,
                        J
                        Jason Coleman
                        Lead Programmer
                        Big Huge Games

Comment

Working...
                        X