Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RON Patch2

Some answers to some questions:

1. The changelist for the patch will be posted shortly. Tomorrow morning at the latest.

2. There was a brief period where the auto-updater was handing up update patches for patch1->patch2 but not unpatched->patch2. This has been corrected.

3. There will be a standalone patch available for download. We have to get the website updated so I expect that to be available tomorrow given the hour.

4. As usual, if you've modified your .exe file for some reason (no-cd crack, warez, etc...) then the patch will not work.

I had patch 1 installed, I had not modified the .exe in any way, and the patch was crashing during install at 60% for me. I got it to work after completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Many others are reporting this same problem, both on this forum and in the chat room on GameSpy.
    Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

We've seen them and are looking into it.

Comment

We're looking into the auto-patch issues. In the meantime If you can't successfully auto-patch you have a couple options on how to proceed to patch2:

1. Reinstall RON then auto-patch.

2. Wait for the stand-alone patch (should be out shorty!)

Comment

i tried the reinstall thing 5 times, none of them worked

Comment

The patch downloaded for me (is it officially called 1.14 something ... want to make sure I have the right patch).

However, it did not fix the CtW crash to desktop problem (the Runtime Library thing).

Comment

wasn't there supposed to be a no nuke option with this patch? I don't see it.

Comment

Not in this patch. See the first message in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                X