Map Sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Sizes

Where do i adjust the map sizes...i want to change the BIG-HUGE map to 160...instead of 100. Where is this xml file?? Thanks

Hi, go to Rise of Nations file, click data file, scroll down to 'rules' file and click.

Right click the mouse and click 'View Source'. This opens Notepad.

Scroll down 2/3 to CATEGORY name= "Big Huge". The other maps precede in ascending order.

On second line beneath CATEGORY name= 'Big Huge" find DATA 140 DATA. (note I not putting the symbols in here for they can trigger actions here on the Apolyton board)

PLEASE NOTE: 160 is too big for this program templant as 20 spaces left and bottom of the map will not respond to building any structure or accomendate the entrance or use of units. So it will look pretty but not function.

140 is the max. size that is fully functional. Also note that random generation of maps, that there is in my experience two maps at least that 'do not respond' to this map size. Namely the Nile map and New World or East Meets West I believe. For me they caused crashes.

The maps I have found most useful to use are 'Great Lakes', 'Mediterranaen' and 'Amazon Rainforest'

Also note that the placing of Computer opponents is fixed even if you 'remodel' the maps completely utilizing the Map Scenario Tool.

After you are satisfied with your changes, Click file and save. Close out all files and start the game choosing 'Big Huge' map setting.

Sincerely,
    Antrine
    The Graveyard Keeper
    Of Creation Forum
    If I can't answer you don't worry
    I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Awesome! THANKS

Comment

Working...
      X