Overlapping Econ Radius?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlapping Econ Radius?

if i build 2 cities as close as possible, and i build some of city 2's farms in city 1's radius, will city 1's granary give it the bonus, even if it's moe farms than the city can support?

if i build a mine in the overlap, ad build a smelter in each city, do i get double the bonus?
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

No. If u place it in the overlapping radius it will still only affect 1 city.

Comment

I tried over lapping two cities and building one grainery in the shared territory to test if both cities would gain a food bonus, but it does not work. The grainery gets assigned to only one of the cities and just that city gets the bonus. Which city gets the grainery may be random, I'm not sure. Regardless, the city that doesn't get the grainery can still build a new grainery to recive the food bonus.
      Click Next Tip to continue cycling through the available tips. Click Previous Tip to return to earlier tips.

Comment

UberKrux, do I sense you pondering an ICS strategy?
        Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

You can see to what city the building is assigned when you build it: only one of the city radii will be visible. If I'm not mistaken the nearest one, assuming neither city already has the building (otherwise it'll automatically go to the city which still needs it).

ICS wouldn't really work due to the low city limit...
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

When your choosing where to build, both city radii show up, that's why I tried to buid in the shared territory. You can actually see two over lapping circles ... one circle for each city. After the building is built, it is assigned to one of the cities and you tell which one by reading the city name in the lower right corner while the building is selected. I'm not certain how to tell which city the building will go to before you build it ....
            Click Next Tip to continue cycling through the available tips. Click Previous Tip to return to earlier tips.

Comment

Working...
            X