Resource Gathering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resource Gathering

OK so in terms of say wood, metal, rare resources and oil what are the consequences of having your civilians gathering these resources outside one of your city limits. My impression is that it still counts but you just can't get the benefits of lumber mills and smelters. Does it matter where you build refineries?

Also can anyone give me any tips in terms of air fields and how to control planes. How do I set them to patrol an area and attack any units in or near that area? Do I just select the airfield and then right click somewhere on the ground?

Thanks

You cannot build farms outside the economic radius.

In case of wood/metel you can, but your lumber mill and smelter won't affect the woodcutters and miners outside your radius, a rather bad thing.

Build oil wells everywere you can.

Exploit rare resources everywere you can, remember you can also safely send merchants to your allies territory. That makes a difference in a 3vs3 game.

Comment

"In case of wood/metel you can, but your lumber mill and smelter won't affect the woodcutters and miners outside your radius, a rather bad thing."

If you need the wood/metal really bad, you can do it and then settle there later and drop a mill/smelter.
      Out4Blood's Rise of Nation Strategy Blog

Comment

City radius makes no difference for rare resources. You can even go outside your territory for them, though in enemy territory your merchants will take attrition. Granaries, Lumber Mills, and Smelters only affect farms, woodcutters, and miners in the same city. So though you can gather wood and metal outside a city, they can't benefit from a sawmill or smelter. Farms of course can only be built in a city. Oil can be anywhere in your territory, and the effects of refineries are global not per city.
        Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

Working...
        X