Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquer the world.. Medium Difficulty is real hard need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquer the world.. Medium Difficulty is real hard need help.

I try to attack city that have 4 strength point.

it's real hard.
    I spend 1 hour and 10 minute to annihilate that territory.

My tactic is speed expand to gather lots resource..
    And control resource by sell resource that have lots and purchase that I do not have (usually timber)

when the time is pass. I have all resource and then .. have lot unit too.

and that's my turn.

This strategy take very long time. Now it's a medieval age.
    My next turn is "TACTIC MAP" which I can't use this strategy but counter-unit only.

anyway, it's illegal operation before I play and that's why I go here..

could you tell me your tactic please ? or anyway that will allow me to beat my opponent faster please ?

Always try to have support armies nearby: if there are friendly armies in territories bordering the territory you're attacking, they will be able to support your attack. If the neighbouring army is yours, you get extra troops (after a certain amount of time), if they're owned by an ally, they will start with a city on the map as well and you'll be fighting a 2-vs-1 battle. [Note: This also means that making allies is very important in CtW.] Of course, this works the other way around as well: your opponent can call upon support for defence, so be try to avoid that situation whenever possible. Note that if you have 2 armies more than your opponent near a territory (e.g. you have 3 and he has 1), you can conquer it even without a fight: that's called an overrun. I've managed to conquer half of Asia solely through overruns in one of my games.

Aside from that, try as much as possible to attack territories that are not defended by an army: assuming their territory strengh isn't too high, you can often rush those and win before your opponent has the chance to build (m)any troops.

Also, for heavily defended territories (4+ with armies), be sure to use plenty of tactical and strategic Bonus Cards. My favourite card is Mercenaries, which gives you extra troops at the start of the battle. That, especially if combined with one or more supporting armies, is usually enough to rush most territories and ensure a win in under 20 minutes.

But some battles inevitably take a long time. If a territory has a high defensive strengh, is defended by an army and can call up for one or more support armies, you're almost certain to be in for a long, tough battle. But you can still try to tone down the challenge by first attacking your opponent's supply centres (so he has less armies to work with) and buying/conquering useful Bonus Cards (especially Sabotage and Treachery can be extremely useful for the really tough battles), Trade Goods, Wonders, etc.
    Last edited by Locutus; June 11, 2003, 15:13.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Most important tactic is to build your city towards the enemy just like playing civ3. Surround his citys with yours thus limiting his area of control.

Try building a fort near his city. Then attack his city with fast units to lure out is troops. Retreat back to the fort , his units is sure to follow and your fort should kill all his inital troops while your troops are healing within. This work always.

Counter attack this city and kill his civs. You can take this city or attack his civ at will. Retreat to heal when needed.

Comment

That you ottock?
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Re: Conquer the world.. Medium Difficulty is real hard need help.

Originally posted by Smith_X
          I try to attack city that have 4 strength point.

it's real hard.
          I spend 1 hour and 10 minute to annihilate that territory.

could you tell me your tactic please ? or anyway that will allow me to beat my opponent faster please ?
          This Tactic always works for me:-

Get barracks up & pump out 2-3 extra scouts, send them off, (either auto or manual ), their main task is to find nme Capital. Once you know where Capital is form 2 Armies. Army#1 attacks front line, occupies nme, Army#2 sneaks round back & into Capital. Take & hold Capital till Assimulated & you WIN!

This relies heavily on good recon. Look for the easiest route to the Capital, (pause & study map ). Spies work good too, planting an Informer in an Observation Tower (Has large LOS ).

Army#1 must be constantly rienforced as it's to take the brunt of the nme attack, & if nme slacks off, push them in further. Their Main objective is to keep nme Army away from Army#2's assault on Capital.

While all this going on, ensure you keep econ running good, & do all research. Hold off attacking with Army#1 until Army#2 ready & in position, out of sight of nme.

This Tactic ALWAYS works for me. The longest it's ever taken me is approx 50 game mins, shortest approx 25 mins. The 50 mins game is Territory Strength 8.

Also, ensure army is mixed.

Good Luck.
          APATHY ERROR: Don't bother striking any key.

Comment

Today I try to continue my save.

I attack other capital of one country which have 5 streght point.

Fortunatly, my opponent stuck on island and that will cause him has less border than me.

I try to fast expand with 6 citys.. I do not build any barracks..

the way I protect myself is just only tower and citizen garrison in town.

but after I realize that enemy have lots unit..

so I try to horde with unstopable force.. since I have lots resource...

I create 5 Barracks and triple hit K K K to select all of my barrack then I shift click at light infantry and archer. and do the same thing to select light cavalry and heavy cavalry..

Light Infantry will take care archer
            Archer will kill Heavy Infantry
            Light Cavalry kill enemy light Infantry
            and Heavy Cavalry will kill enemy archer

Oh. I forget Heavy Infantry that will kill enemy Cavalry!

unstopable force mean 200++ unit number! it's huge..

I have no tactics.. this is just a stupid plain turtle and horde.. T_T

I will try Fort Surround next game thanks very much

Comment

Most of the time in CTW, you can take your initial army and rush the bad guys, take them out. It's not such a good idea when you're fighting against a 5 or a 4 though, those battles tend to be pretty hard.

One thing I notice is that you're saying you build a big army and then just go stomp on the guy. Usually that's a good sign you're waiting too long to attack. The rapid expansion is a good idea, but usually you can beat a moderate AI with far fewer cities -- 3 or 4 at the start of the war. Remember, if you take homie's city, it's yours.

I try to keep my armies simple, and I set them up based on the civ I'm playing. My current CTW game, I'm playing the french (or is that the Freedom?), so I have lots of supply wagons. I build heavy infantry and horse archers into my 2nd Cav, and a mix of infantry types in the 1st Infantry, favoring heavy inf and archers. I follow this up with the 4th Artillery, a small handful of siege weapons. I'm slow but effective, and my supply wagons keep me healed. That's key for me: every group gets a supply wagon, and every group gets at least one general. Then I put the rally point for my barracks and stable and siege factory onto the generals' heads.

I'll march off to war, with my infantry protecting the siege weapons and my cav flanking any incoming hostiles. As I start taking losses, I'll queue up units back at home, and they'll run up to reinforce my key control groups.

Don't try to capture everything, if you can avoid it. Just aim straight at the capital city and capture whatever is in your path. Make sure that when you have secured a city, you clean out all the unit-producing buildings, then install a couple of your own.

You're still doing a turtle and swarm, but you can come out of the gate much faster: usually you can conquer a territory in <30 mins game time.
              --G.

Comment

Less than 30 Minutes !?

how suppose I do that ?

just expand only 3 Cities ?

how do spend resource for technology ?
                could you tell me the sequence of your research plan ?

i.e.
                1. Science
                2. Civic
                3. Commerce
                4. Military
                5. Science
                6. Civic
                7. Commerce
                8. Science
                9. Civic
                10. Science
                11. Commerce