Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone use Cannontime?

From the interview on Apolyton:
    "In multiplayer mode, your options in this capacity notably broaden. 'Cannontime' is apt to become a popular avenue for those looking for a tangible taste of turn-based stratagems in an otherwise real-time venue. To use Reynolds' words, it installs a “super slow motion effect” where each player has a certain number of these activations they can execute per game. It slows down the passage of time considerably for everyone for a pre-determined 'real world' period of time. While some may question the appropriateness of this selection, it allows players to manage their economies without engaging in a battle simultaneously. For those who thrive under time pressure, you will be pleased to know that you can elect to disable 'Cannontime' completely. The only problem to anticipate is getting every player to come to a consensus on the topic at the outset."

So, does anyone use cannontime?

I don't play on-line (no time), but I think the idea is great. I suggested something like this months ago (though I'm sure it was already in development).

Like you, though, it would be fun to see how much it is used.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I always forget to use it, though the online games I create I put in 4 or more cannon times.

I've seen it used once in about 30 games. I think a lot of players just don't know what it is, and I see "What is cannon time?" asked a lot in the lobby.

But its mucho nice.

Comment

I've never used it because I always forget. It sounds cool, though.

/me makes a mental note to actually try it out next time.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Cannon-time is for sissies. =P

Comment

Count me a sissy then.

When I'm feeling like a challenge, I like to play a LAN game by myself to forego the temptation to change speeds or pause. Cannon time is great for those parts of the game where the going gets frantic.
            _/\ C
            Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

Working...
            X