Inel 810e problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inel 810e problems

I have an Intel 810e Chipset . The readme says there is no known solution . I do not own a video card , however . However , when Direct X 9.0 was improperly installed , (and I had direct x 8.0a) , the game ran at least until the movies , then gave an error that my graphics initialisation failed . Any help ?

directx 9?

what version of windows are you using? if it's me or xp, try doing a system restore to before you installed direct x, and then reinstalling it.

otherwise, uninstall it manually and then try and reinstall it.
    B♭3

Comment

Win 98 . DX 9.0 comes with the game , I think . Even now it works till the opening movies , and when they are over , "Graphics initialisation failed . Please check if your videocard its drivers are properly installed and compatible with Rise of Nations . " And how do you remove Direct x manually ?

Comment

Do you mean that your graphics are integrated with the mobo?
        cIV list: cheats
        Now watch this drive!

Comment

I am having the exact same problem, right down to the chipset.
          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

hm... and you've tried downloading the 810e drivers from intel?

are you sure you have 16mb video memory? i tried running RON on a computer that had onboard graphics an 82810e, i believe, but it only had 8mb video ram and thus wouldn't start the game, always generation an exception error.

that could be it...?
            B♭3

Comment

Hmm, the game requires 16 megs or video memory? Not good.

Comment

that's what i found out too, after trying to put it on my aunt's computer (since it's installed at home, i can't very well practice there... so... looks like i'll be rusty when i get back).
                B♭3

Comment

Is there any way around this? Or do I simply need to buy a video card?

Comment

so far as i know, you'll prolly need a graphics card. any cheap one will do, so you can get a geforce 3 or 4 in the sub-100 range.

i don't know if it's possible to add anything to the onboard graphics controller.

incidentally, that seems to be the source of trouble for a good many people on amazon...
                    B♭3

Comment

The i810 has onboard video and Dynamic Video Memory, meaning that the amount of RAM is determined by software and depends on (1) the amount of total memory available and (2) what driver version you're using. So make sure you have plenty of free memory (RoN itself requires 128MB so you'll probably need more than that with dynamic video mem) at least in your system and always use the latest drivers.

But then again, if the readme says it won't work, it probably won't work... Sorry to say, but can't say I'm entirely surprised with such an el-cheapo chipset.

Yes, if you're into 'serious' gaming (serious as in resource demanding (RTS, FPS, etc)), get a decent video card. Onboard video s*cks bigtime...
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Yes, you can usually add a real video card to a chipset with an onboard one. You need a free AGP/ISA/PCI though, not sure how many of those are available on the i810 -- can't be many though (prolly no AGP and 2 PCIs, and ISA you want to avoid if possible (they've pretty much gone the way of the dodo; not sure if you can even get those with 4MB+ memory).

And of course, don't forget to disable the onboard card (IIRC the i810 can do this from the BIOS, so at least you don't have to mess with jumpers -- always fun for computer illiterates).
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I had the same problem with mine (same chipset). I just had to end up getting a new videocard (a VIDEO-88PCI-32plus) from Jaton. It works fine now. But you do have to shell out another $40ish bucks...
                          "War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."

Comment

Sorry to say, but can't say I'm entirely surprised with such an el-cheapo chipset.
                            It takes a few years for computer peripherals to become as affordable in India as they are in the US (or Netherlands ). Plus , this machine was bought three years ago .

Yes , I do have integrated graphics .

What is the max onboard video memory that can be set for the onboard graphics (I will downloading the latest drivers now ) , and have 256 MB RAM , no worries there .

How can you change your onboard memory settings ?
                            ANd where do you download the latest drivers for the 801e ?

Is RON compatible with onboard graphics (assuming I have 32 MB video memory onboard ) ?

The readme mentions only 810 . Does that include the entire family (810e & 810e2) ?

Thanks for the replies . May save me a few thousand Rupees .
                            Last edited by aneeshm; June 18, 2003, 11:20.

Comment

Additionally , how can I change the onboard graphics in BIOS ?

Comment

Working...
                              X