Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i just discovered i LOVE co-op team games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just discovered i LOVE co-op team games!

i didn't even know what co-op team meant when i joined a game. and now it has become my favourite way of playing ron. if you didn't already know. two players control the same civ in co-op and it's tons of fun

i had a teammate who loved booming so basically he built the economy while i managed the military. i found that with the increased time i could afford to be crafty with warfare instead of simply building a big army and sending them in. i think the builders from civ would love to handle building up while the warmongers would love to employ tactics at their leisure. of course you can also split cities to manage, etc.

anyway just wanted to share this with those who haven't tried this awesome game mode. this just doubled my enjoyment of ron.

Hmm, I never thought to try that. Having one head manage economy and the other military would be nice. Did he build troops, or was that handled by you? I could see a problem with resources, but I guess people who know each other could work well together.
    "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

I've been wanting to play a co-op game since AoE! But no one ever plays them.

Gonna get my group to try it though.

Comment

My problem with the two-player co-op game is the other player not building barracks/stables/factories with my advancing armies. I usually take three civis behind my invasions to rush in as I am assimilating the city. A few times I have hit the group key for them and find then scattered to other duties. They also neglect home defense and skimp on towers and forts beyond the first.

I did play one interesting game where we had three players per civ. I attack, one builds, and the third ran home defense and spies until industrial when he took control of air operations. With the homeland secure I was free to ignore the minor incursions and push home the attack.
        "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

That sounds like a ton of fun. I played a couple of games like that with my friend with Starcraft.

If only the game lasted a little longer, it would be great for democracy games. I haven't tried out the modes and mods that make the game longer and more strategic, as I'm hoping to pick the game up tomorrow - along with my new video card

Do you know if you can play a co-op game vs the AI? i.e., you and two friends start up a multiplayer game, but all on the same side, leaving a coupld of computers as opponents?
          You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

I haven't tried that, but I will Co-ops seem like a great idea.

Andrew_Jay yea, I bet that would work,
            If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

Comment

i don't take villies with my army. my 1st major attack usually wins the game or cripples the opponent. a continuous stream of reinforcements come from buildings i've already built. although you can always tell your partner to give you 3 villies for military use and you command them yourself

what i am wondering is if you can coop with a computer. i'd love to have the computer take care of economy while i do the battles. but it may be difficult to explain to the computer what i want...

Comment

One of the MAJOR drawbacks of the coop mode is that players SHARE hotkeys. Basically if you are hotkeying your military units to 1 and your friend likes to bind his support units to 1 then you'll both be rebinding your groups and getting majorly confused why different things are being selected.

This is either a bug or one seriously flawed feature. Coop mode shouldn't share hotkeys, just the control.

You can play coop mode against the AI, just do custom teams and set your colors to the same. Good fun!

Comment

Working...
                X