CTW campaign not working after reloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTW campaign not working after reloading

I can play the CTW campaign but sometimes if I save it and come back to it, I cannot get the rts phase to load. I reload the campaign using the continue campaign button or the load button. It then loads to the world map where i can move things around, but when I make an attack, the rts starts to load and then stops at a random position with a 'bong' sound (win XP). I then need to alt-f4 out. Any fight I try from that save will then give this error. I can go back to a load for the round before, fight the same battles, and then the game will let me continue past the fight it freezes.

This is very annoying as it means I have to replay fights I have done to continue the campaign. It has happened in all ages up to industrial (it has never let me get further). At first I thought this was due to the overheating problems of my computer randomly shutting itself down. I observed that any game that it shut down during would exhibit this error. However last night I shut down fine and this morning my save is corrupted. I can go get you the name of the thing it is loading on the loading bar if it is helpful, although it differs from save to save. I do not usually get an error box when I alt-f4 to windows.

If you want a save, just ask and I will make a collection an send them.
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

I managed to recreate this bug, but this time during a session. I started as brits on moderate, took scandanavia, took greenland, and then tried to use the greenland army to take the aztec controlled and defended east america. The game pauses with a bong sound in the load. I reloaded and tried to attack with the scandanavia army, but the same bug. I can recreate this bug at will now. I have also seen other people with this problem.

Anyone have an answer to this bug yet? Is it a common problem? I can provide saves, exact order of events and belarc info if requested.
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Working...
    X