Mod Pipe Dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod Pipe Dreams

These are all just random ideas for total conversion mods I had, things that would take months or years to create...

Alpha Centauri : If you think of Civilization in RTS form, why not try making Alpha Centuari in RTS form, or possibly some other space-colonization game/universe. The Ancient Age would have technology that is only a century or less away from modern times, and the final might be anything from starfaring technology to self-aware cybernetics to nano-integration.

The Modern Era : Take the eight ages of RoN and concentrate on the 20th century (and a little bit of the 21st) in terms of military technology. Ages could be something like this :

Ancient : Chivarly Age (1900-1915) - some cavalry units, Riflemen a la Industrial Age, maybe biplanes, basically early WWI. Maybe throw in some mines and gas weapons for fun.

Classical : Automobile Age (1915-1929) - early tanks, early bombers, more handheld automatic weapons, late WWI - beginning of Hitler's regime.

Medieval : Blitzkrieg Age (1930-1945) - Panzers, submachineguns, Spitfires, bazookas... basically the Modern age, everything you would find in WWII before 1945. Paratroopers if BHG ever feels like re-implementing

Gunpowder : Jet Age / Nuclear Age (1946-1960) - Korean War / Missile Crisis era, gunfighter jets, greater use of rockets. Oh, and Nukes

Enlightenment : Early Cold War (1961-1975) - Vietnam era, Marines, assault rifles, helicopters, advanced jet bombers, napalm

Industrial : Late Cold War (1976-1990) - advanced jet fighters, ICBMs, M1 Abrams, Tomahawk cruise missiles, Some of the things you would see in Gulf War I (except stealth bombers)

Modern : Information Warfare Age (1991-2005) - UAVs (like Predator), stealth bombers (B2), MLRS,

Information : Cyber-Warfare Age (2005+), computer-toting soldiers, early railguns / radar-resistant tanks, advanced camoflauge, attack UAVs, maybe even nonlethal weapons to speed up city assimilation.

Another idea is more in the 'RPG' area, sort of like the countless 'RPGs' made as Starcraft and Warcraft 3 scenarios... maybe take Sid Meier's Pirates and implement it in RoN, build up a fleet of Carracks or Frigates or even Missile Cruisers if you want to modernize it . This is one of my few ideas that actually sounds easy to implement compared to everything else.

Has anyone ever heard of the obscure RTS Conflict Zone? It's the only RTS so far that takes into account the influcence of media in warfare. Maybe switch out an existing resource or create a scenario counter or something to simulate "public opinion," something that could reflect a modern media or tavern rumors amongst the peasants. This would control your ability to create units (or maybe ship them in depending on how you want to structure it). This could also effect other factors to make a more Civ-like mod, possibly with city-to-city fluctuations in happiness.

If you feel the need to, put various mod / scenario Pipe dreams here. Think of the amazing ability for good and creative mods to extend the life of a game much farther than anyone might expect (Half-Life, anyone?)

ya cool...ive been trying to work on a way to have the levels of tech in an age restricted game select which tank the germans get. ive managed to get the game to allow the germans to get both the panzer IV and Tiger II at the same time. But there is no real incentive to get the Panzer IV for the Germans right now with just a simple mod like that. So I was thinking (and I mostd on another thread) that it would be cool to have an age restricted game (just modern) where each level of military tech u can get access to different and better tanks. So with the 1st level military the Germans only get the Panzer I or maybe Panzer II, but u need level 6 or 7 for the Tiger II. and possibly change the unit stats a bit to make it more worth while for the upgrade etc.

However I am having problems getting the prerequsite tech to be recognized by the game.
    Are you down with ODV?

Comment

I've been mulling over ideas in my head, and I think this would work pretty well. I was thinking of 2 seperate ideas...

-World War II only that goes through all of the ages

-A Modern World idea that encompasses from about WWI till now

I think we should all get together and come up with some ideas on this...

Pap

Comment

how do u go through all the ages in just WW2?
        or do u mean just all the research levels?
        Are you down with ODV?

Comment

I was just thinking renaming all of the ages to correspond with some part of World War II. Allowing different units and buildings with different "ages" and so on and so forth...

Pap

Comment

i see..ya i was just thinking it could be just one age, but what u get is determined by your tech levels in each research track. But maybe changing the age names will be more flexible, if they allow u to do that.
            Are you down with ODV?

Comment

I like the Modern Era suggestion very much. Hope someone will take the job.

Comment

Working...
              X