Cooperative AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooperative AI

I see the option for Cooperative AI in the lower right corner of the single-player setup screen. What exactly does this do?

It's kind of funny that a game this terrific has documentation this meager, but I guess I'd rather have an excellent game with crappy documentation than a crappy game with great documentation.

Well, besides the fact that you can move your mouse over the cooperative AI button and get a thumbnail description of what it does. (you can do that for anything) anyways a computer helps you build your nation whe nyou select cooperative AI.

Comment

I think a lot of people have the rollover help set to low, and don't realise that you can change it - thus, they don't see the information they need.

Comment

I read the rollover info, and I understand in essence what it is, but I'm uncertain how it's applied. Does the AI serve as governors (a la Civ3 and Moo3), moving units and building stuff without your input, or does it just make recommendations. I assume it's the former, but I haven't tried it yet, and I was curious if anyone else had done so.

Comment

The Cooperative AI controls almost everything in your nation. It wont do anthing with diplomacy, but it will build buildings, build units, build villagers and put them to work. While you aren't at war, you can leave it to do its own thing.....unless you'd like to build wonders or forts and stuff like that. You can take control of all of your units, of course.

Here are the drawbacks: The AI does not leave any resources for you to do what you want with. They constantly spend, and they wont stockpile unless they are gonna advance the age. They build military units and kinda moves them all to some random position.....occaisonally while you are trying to fight a battle the computer will try to move all of your troops back to the spot it chose for your troops to gather.

Its good if you want to see how the computer runs its economy, and perhaps experiment a little.....don't plan to win against even a moderate computer.....you cant fight a war while the AI moves all your troops around.

Comment

Can you toggle it on and off during gameplay?

Comment

Ya, the AI will move troops all over the place. AI reseach fairly slow as well. I do not like it

Comment

I tested it once on easiest level, I did nothing except for the end when I ordered a civilian to start building the space programm... we won...

Sure easiest is an easy level...

Comment

Working...
                X