Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

queuing techs while science is researching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• queuing techs while science is researching...

hey, I noticed that when you que anything, you pay for it right then and there. lets say you start the game with science, then go civic. we all know that without science, civic is 120, but with it, its 108. if you que civic right after you begin science, you pay 120. but once science is finished, it should only be 108. I havent tested this, but do you pay 108 or 120?

wait for the science to finish before going further?

Well... start up a game, wait till you have enough food, put your citizens off work, check your amount of food, queue those two techs and check the results....

Comment

No need to wait for the science research to finish. Any techs that were being researched at the same time will have their extra cost refunded when the science research finishes.
      _/\ C
      Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

nice! i know i couldve checked on my own but, hey, Im lazy.

Comment

Yes, it definitely gives you a refund for queued researched when a science research finishes. I just tested this myself. Another question would be what if you queue a research and then obtain a rare resource which gives you a discount on that type of research? I'm not gonna test that, since it would take some luck to set up (I'd have to have that rare resource).
          Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

That was a bug in the beta, you didn' get a refund, but you do now
            "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
            - UberKruX

Comment

Working...
            X