Modding Artillery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding Artillery

Artillery is pretty cool in RON.. but i think it could go a bit farther.... after all in reality its a long range way of pounding the enemy... i should not have to drive\tow my guns into shooting range of tanks

can anyone help me find out how to extend the range... i am thinking it should travel another 4-6cms on the screen dunno how the game measures distance...

Increasing the range is all good and fine, but try to avoid the same effect artillery had in Dark Reign (anyone remember that? An RTS from circa '97 or whereabouts) where artillery had fairly 'realistic' ranges... a properly mature game would sometimes become an artillery duel where properly positioning scouts near defenses and then pounding them with 20-40 artillery batteries was how the majority of the game was conducted.

On an offhand note, Dark Reign was amazingly easy to mod (the majority of the game rules data, including references to unit sprites etc., was contained in easy-to-understand .ini files). Too bad it wasn't that popular.

Comment

Re: Modding Artillery

Originally posted by ard_01
      Artillery is pretty cool in RON.. but i think it could go a bit farther.... after all in reality its a long range way of pounding the enemy... i should not have to drive\tow my guns into shooting range of tanks

can anyone help me find out how to extend the range... i am thinking it should travel another 4-6cms on the screen dunno how the game measures distance...
      Just go into the editor, select whatever artillery you want under units, edit it and increase the range. This is if you just want to make a scenario with it.
      -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Big Bertha

Comment

Artillery will shoot straight up if you cross a certain distance threshold... not sure what it is exactly. That's just the animation though the shot will land in the right place...

Comment

Working...
          X