Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There seems to be a compatibility problem with corsair 3200 memory.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There seems to be a compatibility problem with corsair 3200 memory.

I have a amd athlon xp 2100, radeon 9800 pro, asus a7v8x and 512 mb of corsair 3200 memory. Rise of Nations freezes after 5-10 minutes of playing. When I tried the game with a 128 mb of kingston 2100 memory the game worked fine. The memory is not mine, and I really don't want to have to spend money to get new memory dimm. I tried the same bios settings for both, yet with the corsair in the game freezes. I have had the corsair memory for about 9 months and it has worked perfectly fine with windows xp and any other games I play. Is there a possibility of a patch coming out that would solve this problem. Does anyone have suggestions on what to do.

I am wrong. Today I played the game and it froze my computer. Does not make sense why it work fine yesterday and not today. I have tried everything to get this game to run. My last guess is it is my graphics card. I have a radeon 9800 pro. Is there anyone else out there with one of these cards that is having the same problem? If so, do you know if ati or microsoft is going to release a patch to get the game to run.

Comment

really shouldn't jump to such a conclusion after one example of a game not freezing, particularly as, assuming you reviewed any of the related threads here, the same problem is evident on any number of PC configurations with different motherboards, memory modules, processors, video cards, etc;

i have a geforce, and you an ATI, so your "my last guess is it is my graphics card" is also incorrect.

the FACT remains that there is only ONE constant among ALL the systems with the freezing problem and that is the RoN software...

Comment

Working...
      X