Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Carava that I can create for each commerce/science level research ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Carava that I can create for each commerce/science level research ?

how do I know how many caravan that I can buid for each research techonology level ?

what's it depend on. ?

I want to calculate how many city that I should build and then I will research relate technology and then I can build caravan.. I do not waste my resource.. I think some research is not do too fast.. but some other task is much more critical ?? i.e. barracks+unit

For each new level of commerce you research you can add one more caravan. As you add new cities, you will probably have more potential routes than needed.

If you are playing as the Nubians, your caravan limit is increased by 1.

Comment

Remember to use the little buttons with arrows on 'em to open up the display in the top left of the screen, too. That will tell you if you need more caravans.
      _/\ C
      Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

I did some testing in sandbox mode on trade routes. These are my findings:

There are two things that cap the number of traderoutes you can have:

1: The number of cities you have cap it to n(n-1)/2, where n is the number of cities. That is the number of possible routes between your cities (A to B and B to A are considered the same route).

2: Your commerce research. (Level 4 research allows 4 routes etc.)

This means that once you have five cities, only your commerce research is important, since according to n(n-1)/2 you can have 10 routes.

If you're allied the cities of your ally are counted in the n(n-1)/2 formula.

Thus if you have one city and your ally two and you have enough commerce researched you can make three caravans. Still only two of them can be active, since you cannot operate the route between the two cities of your ally, only the 'international' ones. This could be considered as a very unimportant bug I think.

If your ally already uses one of the international routes, you cannot do also. So chances are that some of your caravans will be standing around workless. This doesn't matter much since you earn just as much cash from your ally's caravan on that route as you would when it was yours.

In general if the allowed number of routes decreases your caravans do not die but will stop moving. So you can have more caravans than there are allowed traderoutes.

When you break an alliance, you caravans happily keep on trading and earning for both of you. Of course when one of them dies you can't replace it.

You only start gaining regular benefits when a caravan succesfull went from A to B and from B to A. When a caravan dies the benefits disappear immediatly.

The rewards of a traderoute depend on both city sizes, number of buildings in the economic radius, distance and if it's international. (I didn't test this but read it elsewere).

Probably a more extensive answer than you expected, it just happens that I did some testing yesterday

Also more than you need to know, since in a real game you just built another caravan whenever you see that you can do so.

Comment

Thanks very much about your reply.

Thanks very much Nacht your information work well with me..

thanks for your sharing

I still never play more than 2 ai since I cannot beat medium 1 on 1 at 100% yet T_T..

Comment

Also note that you cannot trade with your allies until commerce 3 (?), or maybe 2.

But always build more than 4 cities, you need more to max out your knowledge and wealth (with markets). Plus more cities = more territory.
            "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
            - UberKruX

Comment

Working...
            X