Which is harder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is harder?

I have been doing some playing with different types of AI's all on the moderate setting. I have found that when picking an offensive random AI the AI will send Sm to Med armys at you on a fairly quick time frame. Then i tried a defence AI and wow! They did not attack until almost the gunpowder age. I sent several raids on them that they beat down pretty easy. But when they attack, holly smoke! They came with a HUGE extra large army that i was able to beat down with a long fight, then at the end when i thought i was safe an equally HUGE army from them showed up from the other direction. I tried several games on a Defence AI and i find them to be the hardest games i have played to date!

Agreed. I had seen that too.

Comment

I have seen that also and have found it a fairly effective strategy on multiplayer, in particular team games where I am the team member closest to the enemy. I usually get a fort up quick and use a couple generals to entrench. If I have enough border cushion I'll place a scout or spy at my border and try to set-up an ambush. If done properly you can do some real damage before he can get his artillery set-up.

The main benefit is that your opponent has to rebuild his forces fromalmost scratch after each attack, while your loses are less and you'll have more resources in reserve for upgrading. When modern rolls in I am usually ready to go on the offensive.
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Yeah, I've seen this too. If the AI isn't attacking you, you'd best be fortifying the heck out of your borders, because when he does come for you, he'll be coming in force.

I like Swissy's plan of setting up an ambush and some entrenched soldiers. If you put up a lookout tower right at the edge of your territory, you'll see them early AND they'll be distracted by the tower to give you some time to maneuver.
        --G.

Comment

Working...
        X