New scenario... "PEARL HARBOR"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New scenario... "PEARL HARBOR"

Here is a Pearl Harbor scenario I made. Please post any comments here. ENJOY!

EDIT v1.1: It has been brought to my attention that the Japanese planes were much too fast. That has been corrected. Also a new city, more buildings and a few other things have been added. In addition, more unit adjustments have been made on the planes. The Americans now have F4F Wildcats and Japanese have Zeros and they are adjusted accordingly. For example, the Wildcats are slower and less manuverable then the Zeroes but they have more hit points and pack more punch. Here is an updated v1.1 so if you downloaded v1.0 you can delete that one and replace it with this.

EDIT v1.2: This should be the final update. Several things have changed and everything is greatly improved. The script has been added to extensively. The Japanese strike fleet is now at a more realistic distance and position from Oahu. Japanese Zeros have their flight range increased by 3x the normal amount. Numerous victory conditions have been added. Also goal and other messages added. Dreadnoughts have now been renamed "Pacific Battleships" and have gained more hitpoints. Another Cruiser has also been added.

If necessary I will still do another update so please give me some feedback. Everything has been playtested fully and should be well setup now.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PrinceBimz; June 7, 2003, 19:54.
    -PrinceBimz-

You need to write a trigger in there that gives the player a victory if they sink all the battleships. Something like this (feel free to copy it completely):

Code:
    trigger give_player_victory ( num_type( 2,"Dreadnought" ) <= 0 ) {

// This trigger will be executed when the number of battleships 
        // for player 2 drops to zero (or less just to be on the safe side) 
        // and gives the player a victory with a popup message

popup_dialog( "Congratulations! You've sunk all the battleships!"); // You can change the text here or get rid of this entire line
        victory ( 1 ); // gives victory to player 1

} // end of the trigger

Comment

Thanks for the tip DarthVeda! I had already wrote up a trigger which requires multiple targets. For example, the victory conditions are setup now as follows...

- Sink at least 5 of the 8 battleships

- Destroy at least 5 military buildings

- Destroy the 2 refineries

- Also I am going to add about 2 more targets.

I notice there are a few ways to setup triggers like this. Mine is different from yours but does something similar.

This v1.2 is coming out great so far! I have increased the flight range of the Japanese Zeros to nearly 2x the normal amount. This allowed me to place the Japanese strike fleet at more of a realistic distance from Oahu. Then the Zeros can attack and destroy around the harbor much longer before returning to the carriers. I want to have it so the player can complete all victory conditions with just 2 strikes launched from each carrier. I will be posting up this v1.2 later along with a update for my other scenario. Thanks!

Oh I played your Juno scenario, excellent work! In fact I am not sure what you can do to update that one. I find it good as is.
      -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Cool that was fun. Not very hard though, but I guess historically they weren't ready for it either.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I wanted to keep it rather easy and you guessed why, for realism. It is made for fun so you can pretty much dance around and attack and destroy everything with the Zeros
          -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Nice scenario bud.

I liked it and with multiple victory conditions it makes the game better.
            "There is nothing better then a heart of a Lion"

www.platinum-host.net
            "For all your hosting needs"

Comment

Ya the giant swarm of planes is fun.

Comment

Thanks and I am pretty satisfied how it is now in the current version. Although I still may do one more update but not before I finish the update for my june 6 scenario, that one needs it more.
                -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Working...
                X