Water cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water cities

In ctw games...sometimes when i attatck someone, their capital is sitting in the middle of the ocean. This is post patch. I cannot take this city...i can bombard the hell out of it, but my infantry can't take it. If i did not save prior to the battle, then this is an automatic loss for me. I have also seen it happen when the computer attacks me...their main city is sitting in a lake or ocean...and can't do anything. so i just go watch tv for 1.5 hours til the timer elapses.

Can you post a Screenshot of it? Sounds pretty strange for me, I haven't seen that before...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I'm having this problem also. Actually, it's happened to me quite a few times...sometimes it's my city, sometimes it's the AI's. In this game, it was both of us.

It's only happened in CtW games...I haven't seen it in the few quick battles I've played. I'm also having the often mentioned crash problems with CtW, and none of the fixes have helped me. I don't know if it could be at all related, but I did notice one time that the game crashed right after it started a game where my city was waterlogged.

Last edited by FourDays; June 7, 2003, 13:38.

Comment

It's not only that your city is built into water, there doesn't seem to be any land at all on that map

Comment

Looks pretty strange... is that land at the unit to the south?

FourDays >> Could you please make that a .jpg picture instead... the size is much smaller then...

Comment

You could always re-name the city - "Atlantis "
            APATHY ERROR: Don't bother striking any key.

Comment

...and then after 23 games, there's 23 cities named Atlantis

Comment

Yip...sorry, wasn't thinking. Made the pic a .jpg.

Yeah, that's a small bit of land to the south...only land I could find on that map.

Here's another screenshot from a game I saved a few days ago. Can't explore the map anymore than this, because I can't build a dock. In the other map, the guys just started out in the water!

Comment

It's that @!#$ global warming! Maybe someones got way too many lumber mills and refineries...

Comment

Working...
                  X