How do I turn off automation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I turn off automation

Okay, I just installed RON and tried my first single-player game: 2 teams of 2, victory is 90% territory and elimination is capital. But as soon as I start the game, all my buildings and workers are set to some sort of automation, which I can't find any option to turn off. As soon as the game loads, the library researches a tech, my city builds 3 workers, who promptly go off and build another city, a barracks and a farm. I might as well sit back and do nothing! It really pisses me off. Someone give me a hint?
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

It's an option at the setup screen called "Coop AI". It basically gives you a helper to run your empire. Uncheck this before starting the game and you will be in complete control. I like having it on, though I wish we could customize its actions a bit.

Comment

Thanks - I actually reinstalled and that solved the problem, but it's still good to know for future reference
      Up the Irons!
      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
      Odysseus and the March of Time
      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Working...
      X