Can't play old saved games with patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't play old saved games with patch

I had some saved games which worked when loaded before patching - just as one would expect from a game for which I paid good money.

Now that I have patched the game [ in dir RISE 1145600 and Nations 1145902 ], when I try to load one of the games I'd saved before patching it just crashes to desktop.

Error message reads "BHG RTS runtime FATAL. Error loading section, probably in LeaderData. Safe to ignore:NO."

With the patched version, it saves and loads games just as one would expect. Just not the old saved games.

My worry is that the same thing will happen when patch 2 comes out. Then patch 3. And then again with patch 4. And who knows how many more after that.
    My point is that I am starting to wonder if it is worth continuing with the game at all. I don't want to reach the stage where, for example, I've done most of CTW, saved it, patched it and then can't play my previously saved game.

I know from this and other forums that I'm far from the only person having problems with Saved games and the patch.

Forgot to mention that there were problems with recorded games too. One example was one download recorded game played one game before patching, then the same .rec played a different game after patching. Other .rec just caused it to CTD which is why I patched.

Maybe I misunderstood the whole idea of patches having been under the impression that they are supposed to correct problems rather than cause them.

I seem to have spent more time on a variety of websites
    [ why oh why can't BHG be bothered to put up an official forum??????????] trying to find out how to play the game than actually playing it or attempting to get it to work.

I don't see why I should be penalised just because I don't live in the USA.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X