Patch Ideas(?): Stats and Movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch Ideas(?): Stats and Movement

I, for one, absolutely LOVE end-game statistics. I love knowing every little facet of the game, knowing what happened, how mayn men I had, how many men I lost.

In fact, on starcraft my friends and I used to see if we could accomplish the job (usually 2v6 comps) with zero casualties, so as not to "let any of our boys die."

I love RoN's stats system - I love how much information it gives you at the end! I don't know if this would be done but here's some stats ideas that I've been thinking would be helpful:

1. Timeline. The timeline provided is good, but you can't see anything on it if the game goes over 90 minutes. Also, a little more detailed information on Battle Win/Loss would be appreciated (who fought, forces involved initially, forces involved total, reinforcements y/n, kill:death ratios, etc).

2. In-Game Stasticis. Since you get alot of stats in-game, one thing I haven't been able to find (yet, maybe its in there but I can't find it) is access to advanced military stats. I'd like to see how many men I've made throughout the game, total, as well as how many I've lost throughout the game, total, divided into "civilian" (scholar, civilian, merchant, caravan) and "military" (pikeman, knight, archer).

3. Battle Reviews. As I said in point 1, one of my favorite parts about the stats in RoN is the Battle Victory/Defeat points on the Timeline. I think it'd be cool if the game named them, gave advanced stats on it (as in point 1), and maybe queued them up for quick access replay. Since you can draw arrows on the map, would it be possible to put arrows for troop movement during battle replays as well? Like, the net movement vector of the unit type within a given radius from an point equidistant from all units of the same type. That'd be awesome to see the way forces moved in the battle!

I also love how RoN has formations. This was something I thought was quite interesting about AoK when I got it, and am pleased to find it in RoN (and hopefully more RTS's to come).

One thing that I don't like is how easily units break formation. Is there a way to FORCE them to hold formation? If not, can that be added in a patch? I'd like to see two lines of musketeers line up in a field and blow each other to hell, instead of running around frantically shooting like mad men. Organization makes the enlightenment age battles look awesome (and enlightenmnet age is my favorite age).

- PTM

One thing that I don't like is how easily units break formation. Is there a way to FORCE them to hold formation?
    Yup... the third combat stance is "stand ground" and will cause your units to do just that. The default hotkey for it is Shift-G. The command button for it is I believe a small red button which shows an individual soldier icon illustrating whatever combat stance is currently selected. In fact you can set your barracks to produce troops with that as the default, which I find quite useful.
    _/\ C
    Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

I know that, but they won't pursue units if they're standing ground. They won't advance as a formation unless you use move (not even attack move), so it has major downsides to it.

- PTM

Comment

Nevermind on that, I found the "F" button.

- PTM

Comment

Working...
        X