Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Magic" for units

Hey guys,

I was wondering if it was possible to add Mana and special "Magic" abilities to units.

Say if I wanted to give the German Barbarian a special ability that does like 50 damage to all surrounding targets is that possible?

If this topic has been covered before then I am sorry.

Thanks a lot!
    "There is nothing better then a heart of a Lion"

www.platinum-host.net
    "For all your hosting needs"

From my limited knowledge poking around the editor I haven't seen anything. I'm not even sure if you can add present abilitys to any units but the original ones they were intended for. Looking more and more like we're gonna end up waiting for a Rise of Nations: Fantastic Worlds :P
    "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

You can do it- it would be in the rules sections- but you can only add abilities that are already built in.

Or it may be the unitrules.xml if you're changing a normal units damage type.

Comment

Rise of Age of Impossible nations Tycoon III: Titans

Comment

Originally posted by ded_man_walkin
          Rise of Age of Impossible nations Tycoon III: Titans
          LOL!

@Lionheart8472: Well, RoN's Generals, Commandos/Special Forces and Spies use "craft" for certain abilities - craft being the functional equivalent of mana. Maybe you could flag the Barbarian as a craft user, assign it a certain amount of craft, give the unit a kind of sniping attack that does splash damage within a certain radius that costs an amount of craft...

No, I'm not at all sure of what I'm saying, but I've poked around in the xml files and feel what you're suggesting is worth some experimentation. Who knows what you'll discover?
          Rohag's RoN & Etc. Pages

Comment

hmm but why would babarians have this ability u speak of? unless it called superflatulance or something
            Are you down with ODV?

Comment

hey how about we give the ancient aGE barbairan 1000 craft and make him have the "nukeicbm out option" which takes up one craft, and kils everybody in an area of 60 tiles?
              cost of barbarian 1f 1 w discounts per age

Comment

Well I managed to give each unit some sort of special tech.....like the sniping feature.........although when I tried to use it it never worked because he didn't have any Mana????

I assigned 1000 mana to the character as well. And I believe I flagged it too.

So I am not sure why this did not work.

Any ideas? Or am I missing something?
                "There is nothing better then a heart of a Lion"

www.platinum-host.net
                "For all your hosting needs"

Comment

Working...
                X