Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This game is going to end up costing me $2000 :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game is going to end up costing me $2000 :)

RoN is available in Australia from EB today

Usually I wait before buying but all the positive comment about the game has given me the confidence to buy early.

To get the best out this game however I think I'm going to need to upgrade my PIII 600 and my internet connection from a 56k dial up to ADSL or cable. I can get a new IBM 2.6 with a snorting 64mb card for under $2000.

Its about time my kids had a PC of their own for their educational needs

That's what I told Mrs Horse anyways
    Last edited by Alexander's Horse; June 4, 2003, 22:45.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Don't worry - Civ3 cost me that much cause I had to get a new PC for it. And then I had to spend a bunch more money on upgrades to play Morrowind.
    Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

Another one bites the dust.

*Proud member of the 600mhz club*

Comment

I've got demos of other games recently and 600mhz just doesn't cut the mustard anymore.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Civ3 only cost me about $1,300 for my first Windoze computer. 1.3GHz is still serving me well for RoN.

Comment

I overclocked my P600 to 780 and it works fine (the demo at least) also my graphic card is just a GF4 - 440MX (64MB). Around 12FPS at the end with 3 AIs but I don´t mind.
            The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Welcome to the 21st century Mr.Horse.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

$2000? My last upgrade (from P3 500 Mhz to P4 2,4 GHz) which included faster processor, faster/more ram, better MB, etc... only cost me around $600

Welcome to the faster world AH
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

AH, I now fear amount of your posts with a fast ADSL connection .
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Re: This game is going to end up costing me $2000

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse To get the best out this game however I think I'm going to need to upgrade my PIII 600
                    Of course this would not hurt, but I am playing RoN on a PIII 500-GF2MX with no performance problems. You may only need a graphic card with 16 MB that is doing better than a TNT2, a GF4MX you already can get for 40$... So you better admit it - you need the new machine for DoomIII, right? There are always official and unofficial reasons...
                    Kai · Team www.civilized.de

Comment

Tried RON on a 500 MHz machine, too, and it, well, works. Not as fine as on bigger and badder ones, though, but it's not endless suffering - quite playable.
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Re: Re: This game is going to end up costing me $2000

Originally posted by ColdFever
                        There are always official and unofficial reasons...
                        Of course... My last reason for updating my system was: I needed a better computer to run the programs needed for school (i.e. Word)
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Nice to hear someone else in my predicament!
                          I've only gotten to play the demo for about 1/2 hour on my friend's computer, but from what I've heard, the whole decision to buy a new computer hinges on this one game!
                          But I think I'm going to go the cheaper route; I think I can pick up a 64mb or even a 128mb video card for less than $200 and just upgrade my 700mhz and it's unsupported 16mb S3 card.
                          You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

Working...
                          X